Honda Element Owners Club banner

2004 E 149k...First Major Repair (oil leak) How did I do?$$$

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  saintmickey 
#1 ·
I'm sure these have been around but I finally noticed a oil leak due to a couple small drops every day on the driveway and a like oil/smoke smell from under the hood when I drove it "hard"....

How'd I do?

Water Pump Kit ( Water Pump, Crank Seal (1 of the oil leaks), Drive Belt. Coolant Flush
Adjust Valves
VTech Spool Valve (2nd Oil Leak)
VTech Spool Valve filter
Power Steering Pump Seal (3rd Oil Leak)
VTec Oil Control Valve O Rign r&r All
Free Rental Car LOL
Oil Change

Lots of misc. O-Rings and Seals and Gaskets listed that I can't really describe

Orig. Quoted $1602...then talked to a more reasonable Service Advisor...so I
Paid $1095

Just wondering if I was in the ball park on price. Very nice seeing the engine so clean and oil free now...so it was worth it no matter what IMO.

Thanks for your thoughs/experience.

See less See more
#2 ·
$1000 well spent I say...

My thoughts...
This $1000 may be just what it needed to take you from 149k miles to 200k miles (or more) without anything else "major" happening. Sounds like they were very thorough. Just curious - any noticeable difference in engine sound after the valve adjustment? I need to do mine.

S

#3 ·
My thoughts...
This $1000 may be just what it needed to take you from 149k miles to 200k miles (or more) without anything else "major" happening. Sounds like they were very thorough. Just curious - any noticeable difference in engine sound after the valve adjustment? I need to do mine.

S
Hey thanks for reply....
YES I noticed that the engine sounded different/better. I didn't notice how it sounded because I was exposed to it every day...hard to explain it but now sounds healthier with no "rattle".

I'd post some pics of work order if that helped anyone....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.