Honda Element Owners Club banner

Rear Roof Hatch frame is rusting, can it be replaced? Only finding glass with frame

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  racerc2000 
#1 ·
2003 E EX with Rear Roof Hatch (Sunroof). The frame is rusting similar to the other black metal pins on the side windows that rusted for some people.

The entire glass with frame is sold but I don't see the frame alone. (Sort of makes sense as it looks spot welded around the glass)

Thanks!

#2 ·
is it rotting out or just cosmetic rust atm?

you can always remove it and take the time to refinish it. sand it use a product like naval jelly to remove all traces of rust prime and paint black.

#4 ·
Just drove around town and made a few calls. Honda says it is only sold as one part and it will cost $788.24. Auto glass places offer nothing. I guess I need to look at the used market or sell the car as rust is 'coming' and coming fast in a number of areas. So hard to stay on top of it out here...Hi.

#5 · (Edited)
since it seems to be hard to "fix" and new is a hefty price
look at ebay. there seems to be quite a few for 120$-250$

ide post links but its frowned upon. just search honda element sunroof

just to note. the 250$ one is free shipping the cheaper units have a high shipping price so it evens out

but even so 250 beats 788

but if the glass is fine and you want the frame repaired. a competent welder/fabricator should be able to pull it off. after repaired sand blast it/soda blast and paint and it would be as good as new.

if I wasnt so far away ide do it for ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.