Discussion on June 2010 article claiming that Honda would redesign the Element - Page 3 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #21
breese524
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 2WD EX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaOverland View Post
Thank you... Like others have said, I will believe it when I see it. In the meantime, start thinking about inserting a new subforum, under "Accessories, Care and Mods" titled "Element Restorations." You may not need it for a while, but that would be about the right place for it, I think.

If you go to old vehicle forums where they do frame-off restorations on Scouts, Jeeps, Fords, etc., you'll see they can attract a lot of attention.

Here's hoping that Honda wises up.

Stephanie
Being that these cars are uni-bodies, there will likely be no "frame off" restorations. Still a good idea though as these vehicles age, there will be restoration needs.
breese524 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
AmericaOverland
EOC Rank: Helium

Quote:
Originally Posted by breese524 View Post
Being that these cars are uni-bodies, there will likely be no "frame off" restorations. Still a good idea though as these vehicles age, there will be restoration needs.
Correct, which is why I mentioned in another thread today that E would be getting "strip-down restorations," meaning the body would be stripped of everything so that it can be inspected for rust damage and repaired prior to paint strip/primer/new paint, and then all the worn parts replaced/rebuilt before putting it all back together. This would be referred to as a complete restoration, though how detailed you want to be about it can vary based on your budget.

My Scout is coming out of a basic restoration that takes care of all the rust damage, basic two-stage paint job, all new rubber seals, rear main and all other engine seals, worn parts, etc.

1977 International Harvester Scout II auto 2WD - I don't know if I'll get to drive it.
AmericaOverland is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
breese524
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 2WD EX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaOverland View Post
Correct, which is why I mentioned in another thread today that E would be getting "strip-down restorations," meaning the body would be stripped of everything so that it can be inspected for rust damage and repaired prior to paint strip/primer/new paint, and then all the worn parts replaced/rebuilt before putting it all back together. This would be referred to as a complete restoration, though how detailed you want to be about it can vary based on your budget.

My Scout is coming out of a basic restoration that takes care of all the rust damage, basic two-stage paint job, all new rubber seals, rear main and all other engine seals, worn parts, etc.
I saw your other post just after I read and replied here. I also want to avoid confusion. Don't think we want to have to repeatedly tell people that you can't remove the body from the frame.

A strip down would be very involved. Hopefully, it'll be decades before people feel the need to do that.
breese524 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #24
AmericaOverland
EOC Rank: Helium

Quote:
Originally Posted by breese524 View Post
I saw your other post just after I read and replied here. I also want to avoid confusion. Don't think we want to have to repeatedly tell people that you can't remove the body from the frame.

A strip down would be very involved. Hopefully, it'll be decades before people feel the need to do that.
I think that people realize that these are unibody/unitbody vehicles. That's why you would call it a strip-down restoration instead of a frame-off, since there IS no frame in an E or most vehicles made today for that matter.

If the paint was applied at the factory, and proper steps made to minimize moisture buildup between the carpet/vinyl and the floor of the body, then the paint should last for years.

Stephanie

1977 International Harvester Scout II auto 2WD - I don't know if I'll get to drive it.
AmericaOverland is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #25
goofcat
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Royal Blue Pearl (RBP)

Moving away from the restoration discussion and back to the original post. I have but one question. Has Honda ever brought back a model they killed off?

I can't think of any. The E is dead!
2008 RBP SC, fog lights, splash guard, Spoiler, IKEA sleeping platform, DIY grill guard, rear "H" debaged, DIY Elemat, trunk organizer, air horns, painted grill, electronic rear latch release, DIY curtains.
goofcat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #26
lizzurd
Moderator Eh?
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofcat View Post
Moving away from the restoration discussion and back to the original post. I have but one question. Has Honda ever brought back a model they killed off?

I can't think of any. The E is dead!

Technically they have....If you count the Civic hatch back. Died after the 2000 model year and brought back for 2002.
lizzurd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #27
dribbles
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2010 2WD LX AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

Such an old and outdated post...hope someone reads this. A while back I purchased a new 2010 Element and for some stupid reason I traded for a 2012 Fit (I know...I cried every night after that!). Well, as luck may have it, yesterday I stumbled upon a 2011 Element with 50K miles and it mint condition. Yup, too good to be true but I went over it with a fine tooth comb...perfect with only 1 owner. It's sitting in my driveway now and I'm a happy man now.

...which brings me to this...a colleague of mine sent me a link with claims that Honda is coming out with a new redesigned Element in late 2016. The YouTube video has mixed pix of old and newer (2010-11) Element's and a pix of a right hand drive concept vehicle. I'm hoping it's all a bad joke. Here's the link, you tell me... Watch "2016 Honda Element Short Review presentation: basic info about HONDA Element 2016" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/jRX2xqLku7U. If it's true, hats off to Honda...if not, let's get a search party together and find this mother!
dribbles is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.