Honda Element Owners Club banner

Death Valley

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Miss Ellie & Co. 
#1 · (Edited)
I just got back from a joint EOC ROC trip to DV.

Here are a few pictures:

Entering the narrows of Titus Canyon

Vehicle Car Off-roading Wadi Geological phenomenon

Inside the canyon

Rock Geological phenomenon Formation Geology Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rock Geology

Some of the dramatic color in the canyon

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Automotive tire

High clearance? No problem.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda element Automotive tire

Padre Point

Vehicle Car Natural environment Sport utility vehicle Landscape

See less See more
#2 ·
Outdoor Pics!

That looks like a great trip! I like the E under the massive rock. Thanks for sharing those...:cool:

#4 ·
Nice camping trip. Great pics. Wish I could have been there. Someday the east coasters and west coasters will have to meet, maybe in the middle,.....like say,....Ohio at the meet.

jurneez

#5 ·
Great pics Sparman! I'll post my pics of Titus soon... I cant believe the Ridgeliners thought Titus would be too rough on their RL's :rolleyes: Titus was easier than I thought-- and I have the crappy OEM Wranglers :neutral:

#6 ·
Here are my pics from our run through on Sunday. We ran into bikerjosh halfway through... Red Rock canyon was the toughest- switchbacks on a rutty gravel/dirt road with steep drop offs :shock: But to drive through titus canyon was beautiful :D:D

Attachments

#12 ·
Awesome Sparman! You got the suspension set up I want on my E.
Love those beefy BFGs!!!! Absolutely sweet.
How was the suspension travel for you with that set up in the dirt?

We really had a great time at DV with you guys!

Do you think you can go with us to Humboldt Redwoods in September?
If you thought DV was terrific trip.. Humboldt will blow your mind! :-o

#13 · (Edited)
jdiane said:
Here are my pics from our run through on Sunday. We ran into bikerjosh halfway through... Red Rock canyon was the toughest- switchbacks on a rutty gravel/dirt road with steep drop offs :shock: But to drive through titus canyon was beautiful :D:D
We chickened out on Titus Canyon. :rolleyes:
Instead we opted to cruise around with Glenn in his new Ridgeline and parked it at the end of the canyon road waiting for one of you guys to exit.
Gene hiked a half mile up into the mouth of the canyon hoping to surprise you guys.
He was leaning up against the narrow rock walls on the side of the road and barreling around the bend was bikerjosh.

Josh (our personal hero on this trip, he had the best java!) obliviously drove right by Gene with his windows rolled up while shooting photos over his steering wheel.
Didn't see Gene until he whistled at him. (he's got a loud one)
Surprise! Surprise!
Josh didn't know WTF was going on until he stopped.
It was very funny!

Josh said he ran into to you guys back there in the canyon somewhere and was on his way back to the campground to load up his 250TTR and run it up to Racetrack and Teakettle Junction.
None of us could of made that dirt trail as he mentioned shredded tires on a Jeep and Nissan Xterra on the way out there. Geesh!

#14 ·
We ran into josh at the pullout where we took that first picture (and some creepy guy in a subaru outback :-o ). It was good to see another EOCer in the middle of nowhere :) And then again at the ghost town (and again the creepy guy in the outback)

the next time you go, miss ellie, you definately have to do tius- its very easy :)

#15 · (Edited)
jdiane said:
We ran into josh at the pullout where we took that first picture (and some creepy guy in a subaru outback :-o ). It was good to see another EOCer in the middle of nowhere :) And then again at the ghost town (and again the creepy guy in the outback)

the next time you go, miss ellie, you definately have to do tius- its very easy :)
You can count on us doing it next year.
We promise. :)
Hope you didn't run into Mr.Creepy Subaru Guy on the way home!

This is off topic a bit but your Mr.Creepy reference got me thinking...
Do you recall in some of the eariler DV posts that I mentioned a story of about 4 German tourists that dissapeared in Anvil Canyon in July of 96? They found thier rental car abandoned in a wash 3 months after they were reported missing? But no trace of them was ever found?

We'll I think I have a good theory on what may of happened to them.
"Mines"
Yep, I think that they found one of the hundreds of old mines in DV, sought shelter there and perhaps expired by either lack of water or poisonous gases.
Very odd indeed that not a single trace of 4 human beings was ever found.
That might explain it.

Now back to your regular programing... yuk yuk yuk

#18 ·
Nice shots folks!

#20 · (Edited)
This Death Valley Campout was a faboo time! One of our best camping trips ever. We'll all be doing it again next winter so mark it on your calander for 2008 and come along with us.

In the meantime we got another Campout happening at the end of this summer.
Want to hang out in the forest and hug 300 ft.trees?
Then follow us to....

HUMBOLDT REDWOODS STATE PARK
EOC - Lost Coast Big Adventure Campout
Weott, California ~ September 7 - 13

#22 ·
Sweet picks...I have heard that Death Valley is pretty awesome...except for it being so hot...but some people can't stand the heat so they get out of the park

#23 · (Edited)
elementfreak said:
Sweet picks...I have heard that Death Valley is pretty awesome...except for it being so hot...but some people can't stand the heat so they get out of the park
In the winter months Death Valley is super nice.
The weather is perfect that time of year.

In the summer months it's extremely hot with temps in the 120s!
Even so, you will find hordes of Euro Tourists there.
They've never seen deserts before and DV is becoming a prime vacation destination in the summer months for them. (too dang hot for my a$$)

Summer in DV is also serves as a primo training location for Olympic atheletes of many sport genres.
Especially for cycling and marathon runners.

We'll be doing another DV camping trip in February 2008.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.