Honda Element Owners Club banner

Remote Control Driving Lights?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lizzurd 
#1 ·
Has any one had any experience with using a remote unit to turn their fog lights on/off I dont want to run any more wiring than i have to and im looking at this unit from Hamsar i found at Walmart.

http://hamsar.com/accessories.htm Part #98015

#2 ·
I say this is an okay idea if you are to lazy or cheap to have the lights wired in. It is not as if you have to fabricate the whole wiring loom or find a switch that will look good on the dash. All of that has been taken care of for you by Honda. I say just do the work and have it done right. It only adds to the resale!

#4 ·
[quote:c146a613e3=" "]I would think the cost of a remote system would be more expensive than paying someone to hard wire them.[/quote:c146a613e3]

Not expensive at all.....all you need is a module i picked up at walmart for 19.95.Kit comes complete with everything needed.

#5 ·
[quote:547569281a=" "]I say this is an okay idea if you are to lazy or cheap to have the lights wired in. It is not as if you have to fabricate the whole wiring loom or find a switch that will look good on the dash. All of that has been taken care of for you by Honda. I say just do the work and have it done right. It only adds to the resale![/quote:547569281a]

I'm not lazy or cheap.I actually work in a Honda parts department so getting the harness and switch arent a problem.I just wanted something a little different.Making mounting brackets and wire harnesses up from scratch took enough time as it was.The only thing i have left to do is mount a light on the console so i can tell during the day if my driving lights are on or off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.