Honda Element Owners Club banner

AC control lights issues

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  mrpolice 
#1 ·
my climate control knob lights (mainly the 3rd, and now 2nd knobs) keep going out, and i have to tap them (rather hard) to get them back on.. i took everything apart to see if there was some problem but i really didnt see anything wrong.. it was just the 3rd one but once i put everything back on now the 2nd knob light is giving me issues... anyone else have this problem, and what are the (easy) solutions.. i thought about just replacing the board and the lights but you cant get that seperately and the whole thing costs $225!! :???:

these are the lights im talking about

See less See more
#3 ·
i used to have the same problem..
dealer ended up replace the whole climate control panel for me under warranty repair

#4 ·
unfortunately i dont think im covered.. i wonder if its the bulbs or the contacts.. i think tomorrow im gonna take it apart and again and bring it all inside for a better look intead of staying in the car this time.. who knows maybe ill make a trip to a junkyard and hope i can find a donor. first though i think ill try the LED replacement mod.. shouldnt be too hard (hopefully)

#5 ·
Chubs12385 said:
unfortunately i dont think im covered.. i wonder if its the bulbs or the contacts.. i think tomorrow im gonna take it apart and again and bring it all inside for a better look intead of staying in the car this time.. who knows maybe ill make a trip to a junkyard and hope i can find a donor. first though i think ill try the LED replacement mod.. shouldnt be too hard (hopefully)
i am thinking it is the bulbs problem.but my dealer was too lazy to change the bulbs....

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
HVAC Bulb Replacement

The bulbs twist out of the circuit board. I repleaced mine over the weekend. Bought the bulbs at my local Honda dealer for $4.59 each. The new ones twist in kind of hard. Use a small thin straight edge screwdriver (slot in bottom of bulb) and a little pressure to twist the new ones in place. Very easy repair. See [ajchien's] video in Problems and Issues.

#9 ·
It's not a wiring issue...just simply bulbs that burn out. I agree that the bulbs are premature in blowing certainly. But it's not that tough to change them out.

#12 ·
Yep. Got an extra 2-3 months out of my last headlight as it was trying to go and I'd give it some friendly reminder slaps that there was more time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.