Element 4wd = my best snow vehicle ever - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous / General Element Discussions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
leftfield6
Premium Member
2006 *Former Element owner
Other

Element 4wd = my best snow vehicle ever

My 06 EX-P 4WD 5-speed is the best snow vehicle I've ever owned. Previous good snow vehicles I've owned before?
  • two different CJ-5 Jeeps, 4WD of course
  • 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Selec-Trac 4WD
  • 1989 Ford Bronco 4WD
  • 74 VW Super Beetle

I also lived most of my life way north of GA, so it's not like I don't know how to drive in snow.

Atlanta got around 5 inches last night, which I know doesn't sound like much, but consider that we don't have the infrastructure down here to clear the roads AT ALL. Drove my wife to work this morning (works at at hospital, HAS to be there) when almost no one was out yet. My tracks out of the subdivision and up the road were the first ones in the virgin snow for quite a ways. Saw multiple people sliding, spinning, or just abandoning their vehicles when they became hopelessly stuck. The Element just motors on by.

Just ran out to Home Depot for something (should have called first, they were closed) and when I came back into my neighborhood, kids were sledding on a pretty steep part of the street. They got off the street, I came on up the hill, no problem. They applauded. The E just rocks.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Twilightzero
EOC Rank: Sulfur
2007 4WD LX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

I also love the E in snow! It lacks the true 4WD but IMHO a lot of times that just helps you get MORE stuck. Nothing beats skill, knowledge of how to drive in snow, and stability!

"Always use protection, be it latex or legal"
-Twilightzero

Join Cap'n Twirate's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EOC Bucanneers!

Mods: ASA JS6 rims, Nokian WR-SUV tires,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Curt Class III trailer hitch,
, Infinity 6022si Speakers, Shen's Side Marker Turn Signals, Leather shift boot, K&N filter,
, Home Depot Grill
Twilightzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Bowzer
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield6 View Post
My 06 EX-P 4WD 5-speed is the best snow vehicle I've ever owned. Previous good snow vehicles I've owned before?
  • two different CJ-5 Jeeps, 4WD of course
  • 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Selec-Trac 4WD
  • 1989 Ford Bronco 4WD
  • 74 VW Super Beetle

I also lived most of my life way north of GA, so it's not like I don't know how to drive in snow.

Atlanta got around 5 inches last night, which I know doesn't sound like much, but consider that we don't have the infrastructure down here to clear the roads AT ALL. Drove my wife to work this morning (works at at hospital, HAS to be there) when almost no one was out yet. My tracks out of the subdivision and up the road were the first ones in the virgin snow for quite a ways. Saw multiple people sliding, spinning, or just abandoning their vehicles when they became hopelessly stuck. The Element just motors on by.

Just ran out to Home Depot for something (should have called first, they were closed) and when I came back into my neighborhood, kids were sledding on a pretty steep part of the street. They got off the street, I came on up the hill, no problem. They applauded. The E just rocks.
Dang...after my own heart with those vehicles. In comparison for 4wd's in my past:
- 74 CJ5
- 94 Grand Cherokee
- 02 Isuzu Trooper
- 08 Element...the bEast, and the bEst at effortless 4wd maintenance and just drive where I want to. I shudder to remember all the extra upkeep and money it took to keep those vehicles on the road at times. I don't do hardcore offroad anymore but the E has surprised the heck out of me for where I have already taken it...I didn't really expect so much from it.
Member #23,382
238k Miles and Rolling
Lotsa Honda's...Lotsa miles
08 ASM EX AWD AT
Mods to Date: OEM Fogs, Home Depot Grill, Dual Dome Light Operation
Mods to Come: Assorted scratches, scuffs, and hidden french fries
Bowzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Twilightzero
2007 4WD LX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

My list for the record:

'78 Jeep Cherokee Quadra-Trac(back when they were the real thing)
'84 Subaru GL Wagon 4WD
'89 Jeep Cherokee
'93 Jeep Wagoneer full-time AWD
'03 E AT
'07 E MT

-Twilightzero

Join Cap'n Twirate's
EOC Bucanneers!

, Infinity 6022si Speakers, Shen's Side Marker Turn Signals, Leather shift boot, K&N filter,
, Home Depot Grill
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
JamieK
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX MT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

They are great in the snow...we just had a nice dump of snow in Edmonton and the Element took it all in stride. Just have to remember to turn off the VSA when trying to get through the deep stuff
08 Suzuki SV650SA Metallic Thunder Gray
JamieK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
Twilightzero
2007 4WD LX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieK View Post
They are great in the snow...we just had a nice dump of snow in Edmonton and the Element took it all in stride. Just have to remember to turn off the VSA when trying to get through the deep stuff
Amen to that, it's part of my "buttons and knobs to play with before moving an inch" list for every time I drive

-Twilightzero

Join Cap'n Twirate's
EOC Bucanneers!

, Home Depot Grill
Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
45stang
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Cool E Best Vehicle in Snow!

E people couldnt agree more! my o3 E has got me thru more northeast snowstorms than i care to count! also agree its how you drive has a lot to do with it but the realtime 4wd is awesome in the snow when equipped with some knobby beefy All Terrain tires!
2003 SSM EX 4WD Auto keyless entry 30gb Ipod Garmin Nuvi 255 General Grabber AT2's! just turned 197,000 orig miles!
Attached Images

45stang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
wllbngr
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD LX AT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Does anyone know where I should install my snow chains on my 2007 FWD E? Should they be installed on the front or rear wheels?

Thanks,

Al
wllbngr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #9
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Crankypants
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Since you have 4WD, I'd say all four. But if you only have two chains and don't want to buy more, then definitely front.

ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #10
Lt. Dan
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllbngr View Post
Does anyone know where I should install my snow chains on my 2007 FWD E? Should they be installed on the front or rear wheels?

Thanks,

Al
Front if you only have a pair, but I would do all four personally...
Lt. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous / General Element Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.