Honda Element Owners Club banner

Oil leakage!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wrxdan2002 
#1 ·
Maybe the last straw with my 2003 Element. I have about 127,000 km. on the vehicle and notice now that there is a slow oil leak from somewhere. I had a oil change a couple of months ago (not at dealership) then noticed oil smell after running engine during regular commutes and drips of oil on front passenger side under carriage. I thought at first maybe loose plug or double seal on filter. Took it back to lube service station they checked tightness of filter and plug and said they're ok. I had them do another oil change and power wash the underside . They could not see where oil was coming from. Couple days later I noticed oil smell again as well as drips underneath. I put the vehicle up on ramps, ran the engine tried to see any leaks but could'nt see where the leak is. Filter looks good and tight plug is tight. Engine is wet with oil all around pulleys and alternator. So far nothing but problems with this vehicle from about 3 months after I bought it. Wind shield cracks of course, drivers side weather stripping falls off on bottom of door dealer "fixed" it three times, replaced door locks twice and expect it to happen again, excessive drivers seat wear after 6 months, worn stabalizer bushing after 80,000 km., replaced ignition module ($1100 hit) 3 months ago. The door seal is coming off again and now this oil issue. Anybody else have this leakage problem? Any ideas where it might be coming from? What was the repair cost? Thanxs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.