Honda Element Owners Club banner

Perpetual price thread

429K views 2K replies 1K participants last post by  extra 
#1 ·
If you have recently bought an Element or received a price quote please post it here.
For the sake of comparison post the price of the Element w/transmission type and trim level BEFORE tax, destination charge, options, etc. If you wish you can also post the price of options and paper work fees.

Thank you

#1,762 ·
2008 EX AWD 117.5k miles tangerine w/skylight $11k

2008 EX AWD 117.5k miles tangerine w/skylight $10,990. Cosmetically appears in decent condition w/a few paint scratches, clean interior but smoked in. CarFax reports lots of routine maintenance (e.g. oil changes) at the dealer, no accident damage. I'd guess I overpaid but it's my first car and after 1 month of looking near & far, I wanted it.

#1,763 ·
2008 EX AWD 117.5k miles tangerine w/skylight $10,990. Cosmetically appears in decent condition w/a few paint scratches, clean interior but smoked in. CarFax reports lots of routine maintenance (e.g. oil changes) at the dealer, no accident damage. I'd guess I overpaid but it's my first car and after 1 month of looking near & far, I wanted it.
A good tool to get rid of the smoke smell is an ozone generator, you might could rent one, or a detail shop might have one... you can get a pretty good one, I had one that looked just like this a few years ago....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X67EJI8?psc=1

#1,764 ·
Thanks Tree. I've been reading about neutralizing smoke odor/residue. Ozium and ozone generators seem like the final options, but they may have side effects ? Some postings suggested vinegar or baking soda; I might try them. And first, a thorough inside cleaning, probably involving Woolite Oxy per http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73393 If you have any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks again.

#1,765 ·
Side effects would be using the generator in your living space, breathing it while it is running, I think the EPA has some info on their site. But I am talking about putting it in the Element overnight, while you aren't in there, the ozone will dissipate quickly, so I don't think there is any danger... of course, cleaning it as well as possible first. These machines are amazing though, I wouldn't recommend using them in a living space continuously.

They are great for getting rid of all sorts of organic odors, like mildew, pet odors, really anything, of course getting rid of the source first, but these are used by folks who clean after flooding, or fires, for smoke odors, in homes.

I worked in a hardware store and used to sell Ozium, in a little sprayer, and folks used to come in and buy and and swear by it, although I never used it myself, heard a lot of good things about it.

#1,767 ·
I have a 2011 EX 4WD AT Metallic Grey with 27,xxx miles. Original owner. I have installed plush carpets front and back and splash guards on all four corners. Car always garaged, is in primo condition in & out and serviced per Honda requirements (including airbag recalls). What is it worth?

#1,773 ·
Original Owner....Tangerine....recently replaced tires and full brakes...what's it worth?
Any options? Fog lights? Spoiler? Cabana? etc.
Condition? Inside? Outside?
Smoked in?
Any accidents?
Modifications?

I'm seeing listings all over the map, especially high by two select dealers in CA, but I see low mileage examples actually selling from 10K to 12K.

KBB excellent condition showing 10.5K+.

I'm seriously looking for a reason to decide between an SC vs. AWD EX.

Cheers

#1,772 ·
Aquire, Repair, Modify and Prep for Landing Craft Duty

Aquire: 2005 AWD 162k observed at a new car dealer's back lot, was apparently taken in trade. Nicely cleaned up and detailed. Car Fax search had some concerns and four owners. Over two Sundays when dealer was closed I was under the car with a creeper. Suspension system was ruined by a prior owner's poorly executed lift. Off spec tires / wheels still rubbing wheel well metal. All dynamic bushings ruined, likely aggravated by the strut tower lifts. PS drive shaft boots destroyed, shaft throwing enough grease to worry about CV joint condition. Tires marginally serviceable. No rust observed, and a body panel had been replaced. Electrical system aggravated by a weak battery. I gave the dealer a laundry list of my observations. Eventually over three days the price came down from 6799 to 5400 out the door taxes & fees incl.
Repair: Rebuilt every dynamic component of the suspension at all four corners, returning to spec, drive belt, platinum plugs (they were still original !) purged the black brake fluid, rotors, pads, bearings, and all other fluids changed. Replaced G sensors and one charged cylinder in the airbag system. Rebuilt the rockabye driver's seat. Added neoprene seat covers. Added Kuomo tires. Total: $3000 +/-.
Specialized Mods: Removed the laughable internal bumper and added a 2x2 bar steel cross member with frame plates bracing a dynamic front tow setup (Blue Ox). Added additional lighting system circuits independent of the car's electrical system to be powered by a towing vehicle. Added a driverless braking system to be activated by inertia shift and remain proportional to the towing vehicle's deceleration. Added break away failure emergency braking sensor and activation system. The Element is now IMHO approaching the perfect towed vehicle for RV duty as an away party exploration and landing craft. It is more utilitarian and has significantly more internal cubic space than the ubiquitous CRV towed vehicle, and the interior design rocks... not to mention the plastic panels in front and all four quarter panels. Now I need to mod the battery to a larger format.... thoughts?

#1,772 · (Edited)
Element #2

2008 EX AWD Automatic with 180K for $7700. This is my 2nd 2008. My original E was bought in 2012 with 43K miles, 2WD for $15K. I added a Ursa Minor top in 2015 & sold it in June 2016 when I decided to purchase a Class B Sprinter Motorhome to travel around the USA & camp.

I decided I needed to replace my daily driver (2004 Volvo S60) as I didn't' want to use the Sprinter to haul when I needed to. Hence, I bought #2 as my daily & sold the Volvo. #2 came with a clean car fax only to find out there was a previous accident that wasn't reported. It had a few items that needed replacing which cost another $1800.

I knew there was a reason I was hanging on to accessories such as the cabana, tailgate seat back, table legs, my elemat floor & tray cutouts, & the bone all weather rubber floor mats.

More importantly, my chi dog was always able to climb into the E with the OEM side steps but never was able to figure out how to get in the Volvo, go figure!

#1,775 ·
I bought my 2007 EX-P AWD MT in ASM with 127k in 2016 for $8500. New struts, pads and front CV's had just been done before purchase. Accident reported on the carfax, reported by PO. Hesitant, I checked the vehicle out and have bodywork experience, and no panels had been repaired, repainted, or replaced. All the VIN ID stickers on the panels were present, and a veeeery slight wave was visible in the reflection of the door at the point of contact. Turned out it was a contact in stop-n-go traffic. Go figure. I snatched it up in a heartbeat.

#1,776 ·
I purchased my 2003 EX AWD MT in SMM with 253k miles in February 2017 for $1800 at small used car dealership in NH. Had brand new cheapy tires. Needed a floorboard patched for an inspection sticker. I went through it when I got it home and decided it needed headlight bulbs, spark plugs, and a new battery. I also performed an oil change to play it safe as I had no idea what was in there and when it was last done. I also changed the rear differential oil as I thought it would be a safe to do so since I had no history of it and its cheap insurance.

Currently have 259k miles on it and climbing since it gets me back and forth to work everyday. It'll need a clutch here soon and I'll be changing the transmission gear oil in the process. I'll more than likely be replacing the struts and shocks as well. I can't see why she won't go over 300k miles and beyond. My MKIV VR6 GTI has about 70k miles less than the Element and is in my garage in pieces with a laundry list of work (so far over $2k in parts) needed including a head gasket.

#1,778 ·
My 2006 EX-P in Tango red Pearl cost me $3800. Needed some bits here and there, but I drove it home 220 miles with just a new set of wipers.

#1,779 ·
I found my unicorn

I pick up my new to me 2005 EX AWD AT this Saturday.

I call it the "UNICORN" because its the best example I've found in my area. It only has 44000 miles on the odo. It's a 1 owner, clear carfax, all service records. Test drive was impressive! I drove five hours round trip to check it out. I will say these cars go for a premium when they're in such good condition. $11500. But looking forward to running it around and road tripping with the wifey.

I looked at a lot of Elements and I will say most of them lived very hard lives. Everyone I looked at with a lower price point either had outrageous mileage or was very abused. I'm sure I won't regret the decision to pull the trigger on this one.:lol:

#1,784 ·
Got my 2010 2WD EX AT Omni Blue Pearl w/ 127K in June/July of this year for $9700, guy I bought it from had it detailed and bought new keys/keyfob from the dealer that costed $500 (I saw the receipt). Took a whole year for me to close a deal on an E, there was a few that popped up with amazing prices but those sold literally within hours of their posting.

Attachments

#1,788 ·
3rd Time 2008

So yeah I picked up my 3rd 2008 EX AWD with 84k miles for $13.5. This one came loaded with accessories such as Yakima roof racks, Yakima basket, fairings, fog lights, Infinity & Polk speakers, hitch with wire harness, new Cooper AT tires and side steps for my chi. I am the 3rd owner.

My 2nd 2008 was not well taken care of and I had to let it go at a loss.