Honda Element Owners Club banner

Saint Bernards

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  slimerdogs 
#1 ·
Please help spread the word to anyone you know that would be interested in adopting a Saint Bernard. Our rescue, NC Saint Bernard Rescue, is beyond capacity. We have officially stopped accepting any more saints into rescue because there simply isn't a place for them to go.

Here's what we need, we need you to help spread the word to anyone interested in adopting a Saint Bernard that our rescue is discounting ALL Saints adoption fees by $100.00 through the end of November. We are trying to open up some space in our foster homes so we can once again offer safe refuge to saints in shelters. Without rescue these guys honestly do not stand a chance.

If you know anyone interested in adopting a Saint Bernard, please share the URL of our rescue with them.

http:\\ncsaintrescue.petfinder.com

I have also received the OK to try and set up another EOC transport if necessary, if we can find the volunteers - well, that and an adoptive family or two...

Remember, every saint adopted gives room for another one to be saved.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I just saw this thread and we here is So Cal have the same problem with overloading from all the forclosures. Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We did have a positive thing for out group a few months ago when we got 4 Saints on Groomer Has It for the first taping of the second season. 2 were mine and one was the winner.
http://animal.discovery.com/videos/groomer-has-it-2-sneak-peek.html
A quick teasor video from their site.
Brian
Adoptasaint

#5 ·
I'm just north of Seattle and my neighbor is looking for a saint.

She has about a month off ... in between jobs. So the timing is perfect to get a dog.

She'd like one on the younger side (don't they all) MUST get along with cats. She has 2 older/indoor cats. Big yard, fenced in.

Feel free to email any info and/or pictures and I'll pass them along. We are planning to get together one night this week to start an internet search.

Amy

#6 ·
I would participate in a transport for this adoption if we can pull it off...................................

#7 ·
Right now NCSBGRR has only adult saints, youngest being about a year or so. But, that changes quite frequently. The best I could suggest would be to check out the rescue's website (http://ncsaintrescue.petfinder.com) and see what we have. Just to make sue you know, the 'special' listed in that first post has ended a good while back.

I can help arrange transport like we did for Captain if we get the volunteers - but your friend would probably be better off dealing with a more local rescue. Right off the top of my head, I would suggest checking the Saint Bernard Rescue Foundation's Washington Contact., or even Petfinder.com

Regardless, I hope your friend finds the saint they are looking for, doesn't matter if it comes from NC or WA. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.