Honda Element Owners Club banner

My Element has trouble starting up.

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  slimerdogs 
#1 ·
My car has trouble starting up...But when it starts up it starts to rumble a little then I hit the throttle and it runs perfectly fine. I have to rotate the engine longer then usual and hold on to the pedal... to get it to start....i was thinking its a fuel pump issue but im not sure....does anyone have any ideas???

#4 ·
One of my friends told me was it was low fuel pressure...but I don't know where to start to test exactly what the problem is....i cant find the fuel pressure regulator....and apparently theres no fuel filter....could my lines be clogged?
The filter is on the pump in the tank. Have you considered that your injectors may be crusty? The reason I ask is that a chronic low fuel pressure would not be alevieated by a throttle bump. As for the regulator (i'm prolly wrong since I've never looked) i think it's on the fuel rail.

Someone who knows something may be along in a while.

#9 ·
It does sound like a lack of fuel pressure and this is a single line system with no return as I was told. On some of these types there is no pressure regulator and the fuel pump addjusts its RPM to cpmpensate for the fuel pressure. Like others said try running some injector cleaner through the system and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.