Honda Element Owners Club banner

Popping, clicking noise when turning up slopes to the right

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ElementalFox 
#1 ·
I have been having this noise in the tailgate area the last 10 months or so. It only occures when I turn to the right through a dip or into a driveway up a slight incline. I had the dealer look at it and they couldn't find anything. Just the other day I noticed the interior plastic panel on the tailgate is loose on the right. I am hoping that is it but if it is, why couldn't Honda find it?

#2 ·
Not sure if it's the plastic panel or not but there are probably 13 threads all about the same rear pop, thunk, tailgate noise. Do a search for "rear" or "tailgate" along with noise, clunk or pop and you'll have plenty to read. No real solutions or problems just lot's of owners asking the same question.
If it makes you feel any better mine does it also, since day one. It's not a bother tho.

#3 ·
greasing the hinges on the top of the clamshell works for about a week.

I am surprised this isnt more of an issue. i mean to have a problem that cant be fixed is kindof a lemon law issue. I cant believe honda would make a vechicle that has a problem that cant be fixed.

#4 ·
I have sent two cars back lemon law. Both lost the transmission around 5,000 miles. First never had been filled with oil. The second was a MINI and I think everyone knows about their transmission on the first car out. I can't see sending a car back lemon law for a noise from the plastic in the back.

I have never really had my windows down part way while driving until the last few days. The driver side window sure does rattle like crazy. I am hoping they can fix that some how. They didn't even try to fix the popping noise in the back. They spent most of the time trying to make sure it wasn't the doors which it was very obvious.

#5 ·
my driver side rattles as well.

honda likes to skirt issues of lemon laws with 4 words.

"characteristic of the car"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.