Honda Element Owners Club banner

Rear clicking/popping noise solved by dealer

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  slimerdogs 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 EX-P with about 8000miles-started to hear intermittent clicking/popping noise coming from rear hatch area. The noise came on only while driving, was more intense over bumps and turns. Took it to Honda of Livermore. The tech. took a ride with me and once he heard the noise said it sounded like it was the hatch/door/hinge problem-door not aligned right. Long story short, I dropped it off for several hours, they replaced both hinges from the upper rear hatch. Said the factory hinges were "weak". No more noise, going on almost one month. The thing that took the most time was getting the HINGES painted at the body shop to match tangerine color. Hope that helps!

#2 ·
Thats great to hear. I have a friend that has the same one that you have and is having the same problem. Took it to the dealorship and they have not found the problem and its driving him crazy. I will tell him about this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.