Honda Element Owners Club banner

ordering parts from the US?

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Island E 
#1 ·
please check out www.AcuraOEMparts.com

I don't work there but i am pretty impressed with their pricing, unlike HandA, they ship to canada. also, they ship USPS to canada, no pesky brokerage fees.
I just ordered a block heater for 1/3 of what the local dealers wanted.
Use the internet to look up your honda part numbers and order them through this florida acura dealers site.

Mike.

#4 ·
i use this site to look up the part numbers.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/honda-element-parts.html

then order through that acura dealer. the part that i ordered is used on both Acura and honda engines so its an 'available' part.
Try calling them, im sure they have access to the same parts networks.

While Honda and Acura share a good number of parts the networks are seperate. An Acura dealer does not have access to Honda listings and Honda dealers do not have access to Acura listings.

Why not just order the parts from hondapartsnow?

There are plenty of online Honda dealers that will ship to Canada.

#6 ·
UPS? get ready to bend over. they will likely collect $15 for duties and an additional $25 for brokerage, on top of the $25 you already paid for shipping.
USPostalService is the only way I roll on shipments from the USA. takes an additional 4 days to get here but no brokerage or duty charges.

#7 ·
In my experience UPS is evil. They create their own brokerage fees which is like a punch in the mouth when they knock on your door to deliver.

I happen to live close enough to the border and am able to clear shipments through Canada customs myself, even if UPS has possession. The process is quite straight forward, but only because the UPS depot is located so closely to the customs office.

#10 · (Edited)
What are you looking for?
-i am pretty amazed at the number of parts that are available in both parts systems.

Also, DO you have any family in the states?
Can they recieve the parcel and reship it USPS?
how far are you from the border?
My parents live 30 minutes from the Ontario/NY border. She has a PO box on the US side that she uses to ship parcels to.
I live in NB, There is a Farm/Feed supply store just across the border in Maine. they charge $5 a package to receive parcels(assuming they are picked up within 30 days).

Just a few options there.

#11 ·
The parts I was after are element specific.

No family over the border in the states, but I'm about 30 mins drive to the border and have a mailbox just over the border with a small handling charge. I often ship items there, but prefer to send to my actual Canadian address via USPS to save time.

#12 ·
The parts I was after are element specific.

No family over the border in the states, but I'm about 30 mins drive to the border and have a mailbox just over the border with a small handling charge. I often ship items there, but prefer to send to my actual Canadian address via USPS to save time.

What parts are you looking for? Is there a big enough difference in price that you can't buy them locally? A lot of members have been able to get their dealer to discount the parts enough to make it worth buying local.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.