Honda Element Owners Club banner

Looking for 2008 Pilot leather steering wheel

4K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  Nasty2004 
#1 ·
Hello all,
My name is Dustin. I have owned my 2008 SC ASM for about a month. I would really like to put in a leather steering wheel but I haven't found any for sale other than the element one with copper thread that I can't afford. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or leads of where I might find one.
Thank you for any info

#5 ·
You can get the cover viking used on eBay. I got my Pilot wheel by setting up a saved search on eBay. They pop up every few weeks. There are a few on there now, but most of them include the whole steering column. There are a lot of base wheels that appear as well, so make sure that the ones you are looking at are leather. I just saw one sell a few weeks ago for $40 shipped. I almost bought it as a spare. You want '05 to '08 or '09 to be a straight swap (the later ones are obviously different so it's easy to tell). You can go earlier, but then you have to buy different trim pieces because the bottom spokes are shorter. You can get the details on the Pilot wheel thread. I say set up your search and let your wheel come to you...good luck and welcome!

#8 ·
As long as the trim pieces are included you should be all set, I would just re-read the Pilot wheel thread to make sure. I haven't looked through it in a while. I think the '03 is more of a true black instead of the later ones which are dark, almost black gray, so that might match better but the dark gray ones definitely look fine as well.

#22 ·
Just an FYI for anyone wanting to do the Pilot leather steering wheel upgrade, this seller recenty listed 4 more Pilot leather steering wheels. I bought 1 but he still has 2 more. Only $30 plus shipping now. New takeoffs.

#10 ·
where did you see the copper stitched one? i thought everyone was sold out of those

#11 ·
nevermind, just grabbed one of the black ones ;) thanks!

#13 ·
unfortunately the armrest only fits on the LX owners drivers side =( better off with the storage

#15 ·
i think you and i might have to order a couple of the plastic pieces for that years steering wheel. it looks like the 03-04 is slightly different then the newer ones

#17 ·
yeah i was sitting in my car trying to figure out what was different and it didn't seem like there was anything. so now i just need to buy the radio control switch and cover, EX clockspool and an aftermarket radio controller

#19 ·
clock spool is the rolled up ribbon cable inside your steering wheel that allows you to have audio/cruise control on the wheel. the LX's don't have enough wires in their clock spool to add plug and play audio controls so you gotta upgrade

#30 ·
Ahhhh...Peer pressure!! :lol:

Ordered.

You guys are gonna get me in trouble someday, but $30 bucks is hard to pass up.

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.