Honda Element Owners Club banner

FS: Car PC

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  AlxINC 
#1 ·
It's an older unit but still works like a champ, if you want to run some fancier stuff on it you may want to upgrade the RAM, but here's the stats:

Win XP
256mb Ram
80gb HDD
DVD drive

It has a full liscensed copy of windows MapPoint on it.
With the system I will throw in a GPS receiver, USB Wireless receiver, VGA extention cables, splitters, and a wireles keyboard/mouse combo.

Remember this is a 12v CPU so instead od standard power this is designed for the car specifically.

You will need a touch screen monitor but those are easy to come by.

$80obo +shipping if not local.

#3 ·
That would have been smart...

The last one was where i was going to put it, and for size reference.

Attachments

#5 ·
Interested, never heard of these things, but they sound quite useful for being on the road (I'm a delivery driver for pizza hut). I'm fairly local, you already know. :p

I'm heading out to Bremerton, the area closer to your end, for thanksgiving. Mind showing me how that thing works and maybe we could work something out?

#6 ·
Last and only bump.

I need this gone. If no takers in the next few hours it's going on craigslist.

Also, those with kiddos I was cleaning up the hard drive on it trying speed it up some and found a few kids movies on there. (Lion King, ect) I opted to leave those on there.

#8 ·
Not positive on the processor, the boot up was pretty quick though. And there was no front end installed when I got to it. But I do recommend ride runner, that's what I'm using now.

#9 ·
ENTIRE Package for sale.

Decided to go a different route on the audio system completely. Not docking the CarPc idea but the cost of software/accesories/extra mods and the software tweaking aren't worth the gains. So the entire set up including the monitor and all wiring is now on the table.

New Price for ALL of it-$200 (no profit on my part, technically it will be a loss for all the extra's I bought.)

Heres some pics of the set up I was running:

The Frontend was Ride Runner(Freeware) with a modded skin.

NOTE: I was NOT using the pc that comes with this package, I was using my personal laptop.

Again the entire setup is:

-12v CarPC w/ DVD (80gb HDD, 256mb Ram, USBx2 VGA out)
-12v 7in Touchscreen Monitor (VGA/RCA inputs, I didnt test the RCA's but the cable looks to be in perfect condition and since its a specialized input to the monitor I'm almost positive it is the one for the monitor)
-2 Wireless Keyboards with joystick for mouse (one is missing a Function Key)
-VGA splitter for multiple screens
-GPS Dongle (USB)
-USB hub
-VGA Extention cables
-USB ectention Cable
-USB WiFi card

As an added bonus there are a few kids movies on the PC and a copy of Windows MapPoint preloaded on it.

Local Prefered but will ship if you cover the cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.