Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

576K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#2,471 ·
My labour day DIY project: took my in not so great shape valve cover, cleaned/sanded/masked off, and then painted with VHT Crinkle Red spray paint.

Laid a little to much paint down in some spots, but overall I'm satisfied with the results. Needs a couple days to fully dry, will sand off the 'Honda' lettering on the weekend, and then install as long as the new gasket kit shows up.

#2,472 ·
Yesterday I replaced the front sway bar links and bushings (I had done the rear ones a couple of times but never the front ones) and also replaced the rear motor mount and the transmission mount. I still have the front and passenger side motor mounts to install, so those are on the slate for today.

#2,474 ·
I replaced the front engine mount today - bit of a pain to maneuver all the bolts but all in all an easy job that took maybe 45min. This one was definitely in the worst shape of the three engine/trans mounts I've replaced this weekend as it had a noticeable tear in the rubber. A quick test drive revealed the dreaded clunks and clutch shuddering are gone and everything feels much smoother. There's still some squeaking in the front occurring as I go over bumps so need to keep investigating...not really sure how to assess the condition of the struts (?). Otherwise I suspect control arm bushings but looks like that requires replacement of the entire arm, so that's a bit more involved.

#2,492 ·
I have a squeak also and thought it was the CA bushings. I have an '05 EX. I could see that they were bad so I replaced them. I also replaced the lower ball joint while I had it apart as the part was cheap and considered it preventive maintenance. Got it all back together and it's still squeaking. I next suspected it was the strut "top hat" (the strut mount assembly). I opened the hood, pushed up and down on the front end, and saw that, sure enough, that's where it's coming from. Some here have been able to get rid of the noise by straying the top with silicone. I tried that and, while reducing the noise, did not make it totally go away. I bought a set from Amazon (Moog) and hope to install them this weekend. I will report back when I do.

#2,478 ·
Ikea Center Console Box

Brand spanking new to the Element and this forum. And ordered to post at least one in exchange to view others pics! First project. I had an Ikea wooden crate/box in storage. $5 bucks. Wrapped a wood block in electrical tape and fastened it to the box. It inserts in the space between the cupholders to prevent the box from shifting around. Works well enough and still use cup holders. Flip lid upside down and utilize the lip to keep your schwag from sliding off of it.

Attachments

#2,493 ·
Drove back East after 4 months on the road. Started looking for an apartment, too cold to hotelement. I can regroup my life and get my stuff out of storage. I just want to turn around and go back out West, but need to rebuild my platform and plan my next adventure. Wish I knew people in CO or CA that want to explore and adventure with me. I had a great time visiting the vast West. Rocky Mountains, deserts, oceans, cities, wilderness. So hard to stay put now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.