Honda Element Owners Club banner

Maltedbarley's '05 MM

24K views 127 replies 26 participants last post by  OregonElement 
#1 · (Edited)
When I first bought my E, I had posted up a couple pics. I've done a few things since then, so I thought I would share.

I had wanted to paint the silver parts of the bumpers and upper grill for a while, and I finally got around to it yesterday. It didn't match any part of the exterior, and I think it looks much better now.

I also picked up some weather tech rain guards that I love the look of and the practicality. Picked up some elemmats too (can't speak highly enough of them), as well as mud flaps.

There are some pics of my custom interior bike mount too!

Coming up I need to install the passenger side door switch, and hide my blue tooth behind the dash. Winter steelies will be going on soon, I might give them a fresh coat of black (can't wait to drive this in the snow!)

Cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#31 ·
Thanks! I was shocked that I couldn't find it on here. FYI, I used a 15x30" net. It could perhaps be a tad smaller, but I'm very happy with it as is. If anyone has success with a smaller one, let us know!

#32 ·
A little update, the first pic is prepping for a camping trip next week. Second is of my new Thule rack, pricey but I love it. And I finally got some switches for my offroad lights and remote start. Compliments to whoever posted the idea for putting switches in the sub cover!

Attachments

#33 ·
Pics from the camping trip.

Exciting news, too! All the parts for my Sparman lift are on the way! Being weighed down on the trip really revealed that I needed new struts, and the mounts have been rattling and driving me crazy. Might as well lift at the same time!

Attachments

#36 ·
Thanks guys. I will be getting a beefier tire at some point, probably when I have my winter set on.

My father (the other E) is a brewer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#38 ·
LOL : Quiz ....

BIG THUMBS UP from Chief ....

A : The mod

B : 2 E's in the family

C : The Home Brew

D : All of the above ....

Please scratch your answer on a scrap of paper and place it face down on the desk in front of you.

Me ? I choose D

#39 ·
Not home, career! But thanks man!

#40 ·
Well ! That woulda got the NE crew out - A brewery tour in RI .... I could use some extra-curricular employment if a taster job appears too ;-)

#41 ·
Yeah, it probably would! It is a brew pub though, suo not a whole lot to tour. I think all those positions are filled!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#42 ·
Here are a few pics from a trail head yesterday-

Attachments

#43 ·
Small camping trip the other day

Attachments

#44 ·
Finally got around to starting the sparman lift- front is done! Rear comes tomorrow.

#45 ·
Lift is done, here are some pics.

Rear struts were bitches. Glad to be done and now I'm at a much more comfortable ride height with struts that actually function.

Attachments

#46 ·
Seriously nice lift there. Good job. Did you peel the dip off your wheels? Also wondering if you have any pictures of your light-behind-grill installation?

#47 · (Edited)
Thanks Atom, it feels like a whole new vehicle. I did peel the dip off. It was getting quite dirty and I couldn't seem to clean them well. If I decide I want them painted, I'll just get them powder-coated. I don't have any pics- but I need to take the bumper off to clear my headlights anyway, so I'll take a couple pictures then. They're mounted upside-down on the radiator support using some long bolts and a variety of nylon spacers and washers.

Also can't forget my new decal. Ordered a 4" one and he sent this 1" along with it. I opted to put the smaller one on.

Attachments

#49 ·
What bars and where you get em? Are they oval or round? Easy to install?

#50 ·
They're round- got them for $160 on amazon with free shipping. They're decent quality except for the fact that the rear sticks out a fraction of an inch more than the front. I wanted black rails and for a fraction of OEM price!

#51 ·
This is what I did today...dipped my center dash, cluster rings, and vent rings. Came out pretty good I think! We'll see how long it lasts though, I wasn't crazy about the longevity on the wheels.

Attachments

#52 ·
Got my new-to-me Injen SRI installed today...then proceeded to order a RBB intake manifold! A bit backwards, but who cares!

#54 ·
Malt are you planning on doing work to the head also? I'm past the plasti dip craze. I was all over that stuff. But your work looks great.

#55 ·
Thanks guys! My father is a brewer, so I grew up around this stuff. He's also an E driver.

MisD- I've thought about breaking her open. If I were, I'd just do a head swap. But from what I've (briefly) read, for the k20 head I'd also need to replace the pistons and rods with tsx ones. Not looking to get into that right now- need my DD! Maybe some day though.

I dipped my wheels and was incredibly unimpressed with how it lasted on there. I did 6 or 7 coats and it only lasted 7 months, and they were summer months at that. I wanted to see how the dash pieces looked in black before I actually paint them. I'm going to leave the dip on there though, maybe I'll have better results!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.