Honda Element Owners Club banner

Element Alternative - Romahome R10

13K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Speedy Toaster Dave 
#1 ·
This came up on reddit and after looking at the inside I thought it would be share worthy here. It's not really an Element size wise, this thing is tiny but I'd still give it a chance. Though my preferred setup is an E with teardrop

The Romahome R10 - http://www.romahome.com/romahome-products/romahome/r10/92

Designed for those that want a small modern town car, which is easy to drive, and has great fuel economy. The 1.3HDi diesel is remarkable, with a stunning return of 62.8mpg. With the added benefit of a compact galley kitchen and a single bed that is 6ft 4 in long the R10 Solo has it all.

Based on Citroen’s award winning new Nemo van with its compact exterior dimensions which mirror the footprint of their C3 car. Its tardis-like dimensions of only 12 ft 7in long are complimented by a turning circle of just 10 metres - perfect for nipping through tight spaces and its overall height is only 6 ft 3 ins, meaning the R10 will fit into many garages and multi-storey car parks. Yet the elevating roof gives an internal height of 6 ft 6 ins.

Add to this the asymmetrical rear doors, the side loading door option for easier access to the load area and the ‘Extenso’ folding seat for further flexibility which becomes part of the single bed the Romahome R10 Solo really does offer all-round practicality.

There is a galley kitchen along one side plus a two burner hob. We have not stinted on the detail, so, like all Romahomes, the R10 has mains hook up. A portable water carrier is also part of the standard specification and this is housed, along with the Camping Gaz bottle, under the sink unit. A Porta Potti is stored under the rear seating and blown air heating is offered as an option, as is a portable 12v cool bag.

The level of comfort and the convenient design in the modern cabin of the R10 Solo LX is worthy of most luxury passenger cars. With its fully adjustable driver’s seat and arm rest a height and reach-adjustable steering wheel, electric windows, heated door mirrors, remote central locking & dead locks and a great CD & Radio stereo system. The handy storage compartments and cubby-holes dotted around the cabin mean that even if your life is busy, your R10 Solo will still stay tidy.

On the Road charges including: 12 months Road Fund License, 1st years Registration Fee, Pre Delivery Inspection, Number Plates, All delivery costs to the dealer. £1,250

OPTIONS
Luggage Belts £120
Reversing Sensors £249
Takeaway Cool Box £97
Lightweight Awning £315
Matching Colour Roof £382
Roof Bars £420
Cab Air Con £646
Drop down TV/DVD £595
Propex Blown Air Heating £895
Tinted Windows £225

See less See more
#3 ·
Groovy.
How fun would that be in Europe?

#14 ·
That thing, as cool as it can be would not survive the American market. way to small and spartan for US lavish taste. Honda element is twice as big and did not survived.

A good old full size Tahoe with 300+ hp engine a wishful epa rating, big leather seats with room for a big decadent belly, 18¨ wheels (at least) with shinny chrome is what America craves...

Look at all vehicles that have long survived here, they all share two things in common. bigger cabins and bigger engines. as a sample, check the CRV over the years. vehicles that stay stationary in size, die. even if they play the bigger engine trick, that buys them 3 to 5 years. i.e. elements.

#5 ·
This is a modified Citroën Nemo, which is better known as the Fiat Fiorino. The Fiorino is a mini panel van, also available with windows and "family" seating. It is basically a Euro-market small hauler, and is... well... tiny. Think roughly Kia Soul in overall (lack of) size. Wide-angle lenses cover a lot of sins.

Fiat is bringing their next size up into the U.S. (through Chrysler), their "Doblo". It is head to head with the Ford Transit Connect. There are already micro-RV's built around the Transit, so you might take a look at those if you're wanting something already here.

#7 ·
Those über-saver diesels will never see the light of day in the U.S. I'm green and all that, but what do the Europeans know about diesels that we don't? I mean, they were all over our butts for things like Freon, incandescent lights, ROHS (reduction of hazardous substances in manufactured electronics), greenhouse gases, etc., etc., etc. ... yet diesels are over 50% of their personal transportation fleet, and not particularly clean diesels, at that.

[grumble]

#8 ·
cheap.high mpg cheap fuel who cares about power etc or how clean burning it is

but yea its small. if its 4ft from the front seats to the rear door it would be big. but from the looks of it its hardly over 3ft.

now if only I had a 2003 element camper ide fab all that and more and live free ^.^

#15 ·
Figure out a way to set up my computer with internet access and I'll sell my house and buy one of these :) That's really all I need. Well, and a place to store clothes ....

#17 ·
Handful of more pictures of the base (panelvan?) car and the romahome. I like some of the other Romahomes a bit more, just cause they have a little more room and toilet, but this one seems the most chat worthy. "If REI ever got into the car market..."

Romahome

Base Model

Homemade

Link has the build pics of a nice looking home built bed for it
http://qubocamper.blogspot.com/

#19 ·
Again... the Doblo is larger than the Fiorino by quite a bit, and competes head-to-head with the Ford Transit Connect. The Fiorino/Nemo is tiny.

Fiorino - 152" L, 68" H
Doblo - 167" L (standard panel van), 82" H (factory-available high roof)

Both are 68" W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.