Honda Element Owners Club banner

The Element so far..

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  hellmer1 
#1 ·
Here is a picture of the current set up on my 2006 5MT Element..

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah what misdirection said, I didn't do any of the modifications myself, appears to have lowering springs and adjustable lower control arms for suspension, the wheels are 19" xxr's with 245/35/19 tires all the way around, the tow hook appears to just bolt into the bumper crash beam and the person who added that appears to just have taken a dremel type tool and cut a small slit in the plastic bumper cover. I could get some more pics of the tow hook if there is interest in that.

#7 ·
Planning on breaking down a lot? IMO that tow hook thing would have been the first thing to go once I got it home. Actually, I wouldn't even have bought it until the guy took it off.

Other than that it looks to be in decent shape and a good looking car. Get some "normal" temperature bulbs in there too.

#9 · (Edited)
Id have to agree the tow hook looks out of place, but the rest looks great to me.
The wheel gap looks almost OEM ride height, did they say it had lowering springs?

<--- Fan of that color Element

#10 ·
Nice looking Element, the wheels look great on there .

#11 ·
The tow hook does look out of place, but if it's functional I'd like to know how to get one front and rear. I'm looking for a little lift to go off road and I'd like to be able to recover the E if anything were to happen. Which it will.

No intentions of hijacking your thread, your off to a great start!

#12 ·
the tow hook is up in the air for me still, I like the fact that its a little different, probably could be functional as well but I will never need it for anything since I don't off-road and I will not be autocrossing or road racing this vehicle ever. the ride height is lower, I took the front wheels off and it looks like it has eibach springs and the lower control arms in the rear are aftermarket from the looks of things, or at least painted gold to match the wheels. the tow hook has a password jdm stamp on it which is a website that sells aftermarket parts so I am assuming it came from that site, as far as install goes I would just bolt it into the crash beam and use a dremel type tool to cut a small opening in the plastic (non painted) portion of the bumper. No worries I do not expect the car to appeal to everyone and I did not do any of the modifications as this isn't really the type of car I would modify much. hope this info helps anyone looking for a tow hook a little bit. Also, here is my auto-cross and road race car..

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Maybe someone can help me out here, here is a shot of the lower control arms, I can't see any brand markings or logo's stamped on them, are they just painted then? I also attached another picture of the tow hook that shows the opening that was cut in the plastic portion of the bumper... also after google'ing and searching around a bit it looks like they are the skunk2 lower control arms in the rear?

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
That is one sexy EVO. Very clean and not riced out. Lol. I love them. If you can't tell by my avatar under my name.

And those look like skunk2 LCA's. but I may be wrong.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.