Honda Element Owners Club banner

Brighter backup lights

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ramy 
#1 ·
I have bad eye sight to begin with, and the tinted rear window does not help.... Does anyone have any suggestions on brighter backup lights?

#2 ·
I've seen 50W halogens somewhere that are plug-in replacements for common back-up light specs. The primary caution I would have is that these run hot, and may be too much for the taillight assembly (they might burn a hole in the lens!).

Shop around - there may also be a 35W replacement which doesn't carry as much baggage.

#4 ·
Most of the local auto parts stores carry 50 watt halogen replacement bulbs for the back up lamps. They claim they are "2 1/2 times brighter".
I don't know what type of bulb the back up lamp is, none of the manuals refer to the type, they just call it "18 W". You may want to pull the bulb out and bring it into the store with you.

#5 ·
Parking lightPart number = 7443

Front turn signalPart number = 7443

Tail lightPart number = 7443

Stop lightPart number = 7443

High mount stop lightPart number = 7440

License platePart number = 168

Back up lightPart number = 921
Upgrade Part Number = 921LL Long Life Upgrade - Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarkerPart number = 168

Map lightPart number = DE3022

Dome lightPart number = DE3175

Trunk/Cargo areaPart number = DE3175

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.