Honda Element Owners Club banner

Post your current mileage!

163K views 959 replies 642 participants last post by  recon35 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I was wondering if you could post your current mileage and any comments or complaints you have with your Honda so far.
I currently have 70,000 kilometers (Canadian, will have to convert for mileage) and I can honestly say other than minor issues it has been problem free.

#2 · (Edited)
710 miles and it's still as good as new!:D
Average MPG is just over 25 so far, but it has been mostly highway driving.

#4 ·
About 39K, not too happy with gas mileage, otherwise love the car.

#7 ·
Currently @ 74K miles, like Rube, I'm not that happy with the gas mileage, but it is a brick on wheels, so............
Only problem I've had so far has been that I had to replace the speedo cluster per a tech bulletin. Replaced @ no cost to me.
Original tires sucked.
It fits my life style and the dogs love it.

#8 ·
17,500 on my 2006 MT 2wd, and so far, so good. I've been seeing mileage as high as 28, although it's normally only 25 in the city driving I do (and the fact that I have to go 80 on the freeway to avoid death). The A/C decided to stop working for a couple of days, but then it fixed itself, so whatev, I guess. I've had no problems aside from the random two days of no A/C.

#10 ·
I just broke the 2000 mile mark and have no complaints with the vehicle as a whole (except MPG, of course), just a couple of design improvements that they should have included from the start-PDL from both sides, PW auto up/down both sides, better knee protection/power pedal option for shorter drivers (wife's knees almost touch the dashboard). Have to work on those..... :twisted:
Will give a much better review AFTER we arrive in Alaska, adding another 6300 miles to the ticker.

#14 ·
Just under 10k miles, we average around 26mpg...

So, far the wife absolutely loves the E. I am very happy with it for what it is, and the utility it has provided thus far. I think the only issues we've had with it have been cosmetic, and taken care of under warranty by a really good dealership. I intend to do a few more mods to it, and keep for a long while. It isn't the small roadster I was wanting, but the wife is happy, and when the E is paid off I'll get my roadster...

So, the hard part now is...

Buy new: Saturn Sky Redline
or
Build a kit: Factory Five Racing Mark III

#17 ·
50,450 miles and have averaged 23.4 MPG in mixed driving in a hilly area of PA.

As for issues. Had the "rocking seat" problem fixed. The rear struts are beginning to leak after bouncing around on our terrible roads. Paint chips very easily (which is also a Toyota issue). Love the vehicle, glad I bought it.:)

#19 ·
22,000 miles and I get on average 25 MPGs. Not to shabby for a Brave Little Toaster. and, believe it or not, my only complaint with the E is the paint flaking off the painted front fenders. But it's black...the panels are black.. so you really can't notice it too much.

#20 · (Edited)
Average MPG confusion?

Coming up on 4500 miles. My average using the total gas consumed and total mileage is 22.4 MPG over 3500 miles. My seat-o-the pants impression is that this is the only way to get a true average unless you put the nearly the same amount of gas each fillup. Example you drive 255 miles since last fill up and it takes 15 gal to fill it up, that's 17 MPG. Then you drive 68 miles and it takes 2 gallons to fill it up, that's 34 MPG. the average of the two MPG is (17 + 34)/2= 25.5 MPG. But if you take the totals 255 + 68 = 323 miles and 15 +2 =17 gallons that 323/17 = 19 MPG :confused: There must be some sort of weighting given to each MPG sample? Do we have any math gurus that can explain this?

As far as complaints.. the auto needs a higher ratio first gear, The windshield pillers block forward vision (I think I am used to it now), Wish it had Auto temp control for the heater/AC (modified that..)

Attachments

#23 ·
Just did my 155,000 mi oil change yesterday. I work out of mine and have loved every mile of it. My one concern is also the windshield pillars, I have come dangerously close to running someone over and it scared me to death. My one complaint is I wish they made the rear windows roll down. I would prefer to ride with the windows open but it's really annoying to have all that turbulence aimed right at my ear.

Oh yeah... and I can't fit anything else in my sig. :sad:

And I can't believe I wasted post #69 on this!!!

#25 ·
7 months and 15,000 miles! No probs other than a truck threw a rock at 700 miles and put a very visible chip in my windshield. Oh and some ******* dented the right rear quarter panel at around 1000 miles but I pushed it out and you can barely see it but still it sucks new car and all.

#26 · (Edited)
Hit 28000 miles last night. 1 year 8 months old. Replaced 1 windshield, no other problems. Side swiped by something once (probably a bike) with a pin-point dent and a single scratch extending from the rear door to the quarter panel. Started heavily modifying 5 months ago and am finishing up close to ten thousand dollars invested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.