Honda Element Owners Club banner

buying the Valley Industries Hitch for our E, a couple questions??

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Rocket Dog 
#1 ·

is the Valley Ind definately the same as the U-Haul hitch?

is the hitch a direct bolt up like they say... or is is hit & miss?

are you guys satisfied, or happy with the hitch so far?

i will be buying the hitch over my vacation next week, and installing it. i m going to run a tap for lights to make sure i am happy towing the family utilty cartand trailer. in the not so distant future i will be getting the Honda OEM harness, and installing that in the spring.

#2 ·
Yes, yes and yes.

John

TheOle34 said:

is the Valley Ind definately the same as the U-Haul hitch?

is the hitch a direct bolt up like they say... or is is hit & miss?

are you guys satisfied, or happy with the hitch so far?

i will be buying the hitch over my vacation next week, and installing it. i m going to run a tap for lights to make sure i am happy towing the family utilty cartand trailer. in the not so distant future i will be getting the Honda OEM harness, and installing that in the spring.

#4 ·
Uhaul puts their sticker on the Valley!
Like mine a bunch! Nice hitch!
It is a bolt up, but you need to enlarge 4 existing holes in the frame under the back end! This takes about 5 seconds a hole with a step drill bit! This is only to get the bolt anti-spin tabs into the frame box! :)

It also is a little tight on the frame, so I suggest using a rubber mallet to help set it into place overthe frame! :)

A posible solution is letting Uhaul put it on. They were going to do it for $25 dollars here, but I was in a rush that afternoon so I did it that nevening myself!

See picture in this thread ---> http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29938

#6 ·
Farther said:
.... Make sure to install the wiring harness before the hitch or you will get the experience of installing the hitch twice....
If you won't be installing the wiring harness right away, just remove the little bumper cover retaining "clip" that will be blocked once the hitch is installed. You'll never miss it. That will make bumper cover removal alot easier later on. I think it is covered in the Valley U-Haul install & tips stickey.

FWIW.....my trailer harness is still just "flopped" in the spare tire well....I just lift the cover and drop the wiring out the space between body and tailgate when I need to tow. "Doing it right" is on my to-do list, but it has worked fine this way for almost 3 years.

Will

#7 ·
ApriliaGuy said:
FWIW.....my trailer harness is still just "flopped" in the spare tire well....I just lift the cover and drop the wiring out the space between body and tailgate when I need to tow.
I have my harness connector that way too! I just figured that it keeps the connector clean, damage free, and non-oxidized! :)

#8 ·
Very happy with the hitch itself. Was not happy with Uhaul's service. We told them since we had to leave the car with them all day (they don't make appointments) that they could just leave the car in the lot and lock the keys in it when they are done since I had prepaid. We go to pick it up that night and its not there. We were about to call the police and report it missing when we saw some guys behind the building (getting high I think) and they worked there. They said the car was in the garage but it was locked. I told them to call their manager and have him come open it so we can have our car and they claimed they had no way of getting a hold of him. So we go early the next morning and wait in line for about an hour, finally we get to the front of the line and they completely ignored us after I told them what happened. I just wanted my keys (which I could see haning on the wall) so I could get out of there. I ended up in a shouting match with the person at the desk and pretty much had to reach over the counter and snatch the keys off the peg on the wall. They were complete morons. :mad:

But I love my hitch!!!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.