Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

576K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#2,371 · (Edited)
shrink wrap was free. it's a non moving part. cheap or not it doesn't matter to me. if i can repair it and not waste it, i'd go that route first.

what' i've done to mine since i've bought it (like 2 or 3 weeks). took 2 days for me to clean all the armor all off the interior. removed the entire rubber floor and seats and cleaned seats, rubber floor, and metal floor. installed rear view mirror. changed power steering fluid. installed 2nd battery in engine bay. adjusted parking brake at the rear wheels. made roof bracket mounts. a bunch of little things i can't remember at the moment

#2,373 ·
A few weeks ago someone on the Element Facebook site was selling their Dog Friendly mats for 250$. They said the mats were not made anymore and were rare. That motivated me to search and purchase the dog bone mats which I had seen advertised for less than 100$ at some Honda supply stores. Called Sons Honda and was told "sold out". They were gracious enough to give me the numbers of other supplies who still had some in stock. Anyway found a set from Honda of Seattle and paid retail 125$ plus shipping and taxes totaling 160 bones. More then I wanted to pay but happy still the same.

A few pics.

Attachments

#2,375 ·
Loaded up the road bike to transport to the bike trail. Still had my back seats in from camping the previous weekend, so had to fold up one of the seats to make room for the bike. Got the love the versitility of the Element. The fold down tailgate also comes in handy as a place to sit while putting on my bike shoes.

#2,376 ·
I checked the oil. It was clean and full. I washed the bugs off the windshield, head lights and front end. The day before I cleaned it out and re arranged my bed platform.

I don't want to sell it, but how do I move cross country with my stuff?
1. Can I tow a Haul trailer?
2. Will it pass Cali inspection?

If you all say Yes and Yes, then it's a keeper!

#2,393 ·
replaced the ELD and installed some fancy hold down
stainless bolts and anodized washers.
The hood dampers and the Elemental Motorsports Radiator Cooling Plate look great!!! ;-) :) ~Chief

#2,402 ·
Changed AT filter after 3X ATF change. Honda parts guy tried to sell me a filter inside of trans. I had to show him (on his computer) filter location (Thanks EOC). Filter change took a lot longer than anticipated. First tried to change filter without complete removal of cowling. Couldn't do it. Ended up removing cowling to complete job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.