Honda Element Owners Club banner

Just Got Our Element Today!

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  cobra724 
#1 ·
Hi There!
Just got our new Polished Metallic 2009 Element LX this afternoon! I am very excited to become a member of a new E.
Absolutely great experience with local dealer.

PC

#5 ·
Me too!

My EX 4WD AT (Omni) is just a few weeks new as well and I LOVE it! So zippy and fun to drive. No worries about dog hair and messy kids who have tons of leg room now. Back seat visibility is the BEST ever! The one problem is this weird whistle sound coming from the the dashboard/wind shield once I hit 50+ mph. It sounds like a high pitched vibration and is very unnerving. However, when I squirt wiper cleaner fluid the noise goes away. I've already used a gallon of windshield cleaner! Anyone know about this problem?

#8 ·
My EX 4WD AT (Omni) is just a few weeks new as well and I LOVE it! So zippy and fun to drive. No worries about dog hair and messy kids who have tons of leg room now. Back seat visibility is the BEST ever! The one problem is this weird whistle sound coming from the the dashboard/wind shield once I hit 50+ mph. It sounds like a high pitched vibration and is very unnerving. However, when I squirt wiper cleaner fluid the noise goes away. I've already used a gallon of windshield cleaner! Anyone know about this problem?
There's some sort of silent recall on it, you should be able to take it to your dealer & get them to look into any recalls. Something about filling in the airspace behind the front wind shield gasket with silicone.

Just got my new LX 4WD E last week... very happy.

#15 ·
This is for 1Gretch Whistle sound problem

Whistle sound is probably the rubber seal on the front windshield go to a windshield place and they will do a pressure test it for leaks. I had that happen with mine a whistle sound and water was drips in the passenger side. But I got it fixed and I'm goon now. Free of charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.