Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

569K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#7 ·
Drove in a bunch of tropical storm rain...used rain as excuse to put off cleaning out the E this evening.

#12 ·
Drove it to work. Tomorrow loading it up with servers and equipment and driving it to Green Bay. Exciting, I know...

#15 · (Edited)
Yesterday: Drove to and from school, towed our 10x8 open trailer to and from my friends house to weld a few spots (we are just finishing up refurbishing it), drove to Freddy's Frozen Custard (twice), drove to my grandmas, dusted it with the California-Car-Duster, took a photo shoot of it with the new grille, new hitch, and badges removed.

Today: Drove to and from school, drove to my grandma's house (3 times), and drove to the airport to dispose of old oil and see the airplane.

#16 ·
Recentley replaced the wipers with the new Rain-X Latitiude wipers and replaced my back wiper. Today....drove to work and later around midnight, will drive home :roll:

#20 ·
What Did I Do To My Element Today?

B 12 service. Fresh Mobil 1 0W30 oil (only because I could not find a five quart jug of 0W20 and individual quart bottles would have cost twice as much.

Lubrication is important. The Motor Company thinks so.

Attachments

#24 ·
Fabbed up some angle stock brackets through the lower bumper molding for 2 Hella 500's, started to wire the HID components, cleaned the cabin air filter, got the XM rigged up and the antenna hidden sufficiently, got 4 studded snows of 15" steels, and am waiting on some dual pump hydrualic fluid to replace the diff juice. Good day and some progress so far having only driven it on one trip so far since getting the E last week...... and my son being born (that's why I would call this GOOD progress for so little done yet :D )

#25 ·
Drove my E to Green Bay, WI and got the strangest parking ticket I've ever seen: "The parking attendant will be leaving soon. You are being fined because you haven't paid your parking fees yet" despite the attendant still being there on duty and paying my regular parking fee when I left the lot.

Strange...

#26 ·
Took my wife to Minneapolis for a College Volleyball Game (Daughter's) in the Element cause SHE didn't want to get her "hair blown" in the S2000. Life is great when you have an Element.

#27 · (Edited)
I finished up a few mods I've been working on.

1. A new grille
  2. Weathertech Side Window Deflectors
  3. GPS mount

A few words about the GPS. As you'll see in one of the last pics, I had installed a Garmin mount to the right of the center stack but didn't like it there. Someone on this forum was selling machined aluminum mounts and I bought one, planning to use it in my Miata but didn't want to drill the a hole. I finally decided to make the wooden mount you see in the pics to mount the aluminum ball too. The wooden mount is attached to the dash with the double sided tape used for mounting emblems on cars. I don't like drilling holes in my cars unless necessary.

I added a 12V accessory plug below the new mount and I got a 6' stereo cord and drilled a hole and ran it thorough a rubber grommet, routed it behind the sub and bought it up through another grommet so that I can plug it in the MP3 jack. It works quite well and the GPS is so convenient in that position and is well below my line of sight.

Attachments

#45 ·
I finished up a few mods I've been working on.

1. A new grille
  2. Weathertech Side Window Deflectors
  3. GPS mount
A nice post and pics. I like how you mounted the Garmin (without drilling). I have a question for you, where did you get the grill? I also have a 07 and would like to put in a new grill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.