Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

576K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#2,128 ·
How long has it been since someone on here felt like an idiot, because they couldn't get their scissor jack out of the car? For me it's been about an hour. I've never bothered to even look at it much, since I use a floor jack at home, and I've never had a flat in my E.

I'm in the process of getting it up on four jack stands to bleed the brake lines and change the rear rotors and pads. My floor jack won't lift high enough from the front or rear of the car, so I went for the scissor jack. Of course, I finally learned how to get the jack out by doing a Google search, and of course, an ancient archived EOC forum thread was the first result in the search.

Turns out, I don't even have the handle for the jack, so I'm picking up a new one at Harbor Freight tomorrow. It's $35 and will lift up to 23.5 inches.

#2,132 ·
Got new tires. Stepped up from the stock 215/70-16 to 235/70-16 and don't seem to have a problem at all. Wheel well is filled up much nicer now.

I think my speedometer is off about 2 mph now vs stock, but I can deal with that. Lock to lock there's no rubbing, and clearance to the shock tower isn't an issue either. I've got about a penny's worth of clearance.

Attachments

#2,135 ·
Changed the PS pump inlet o-ring for the updated viton one, 91345-RDA-A01. Just because... Washed the beanfield dust off the E and parked it in a nice sunny spot where it doubles as a dog drying rack after her bath. Note the gimlet eyes. She thought I was asking her to get out of her favorite sunny warm perch:-D

Attachments

#2,138 ·
test spaced some cab over lights and quick installed a PYLE sub in the factory location. Didn't like the sound (turned out one of the cables was loose and probably to blame) so I reinstalled the factory sub which looked darn good for being 12 years old.

@elefante, I love the gobi rack as an addition to your setup. It looks really great.

-ben

#2,145 · (Edited)
A few days ago I gave my Element a full wash and detail.

For the detailing I used AMMO NYC detailing products (including A/P cleaner, Skin, Hydrate, Lather, and Mousse), Stoners Invisible Glass, Mothers Back to Black plastic trim restorer, and a Mothers Clay Bar kit.

Looking good for a 13 year old car with 132,000 miles.:)

Back in January the stock radio was replaced with a Alpine ILX-007 (Apple CarPlay radio).

More photos can be viewed here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/141913178@N02/albums/72157665985246894

Attachments

#2,149 ·
Don't know about you guys, but my running boards have taken a beating over the years. Powdercoat was peeling off and there was some corrosion taking place underneath. I pulled them off today and sanded them down. The color is actually a GM metallic gray, a little darker than the factory silver. I wanted the color to be closer to the plastic panels. I'll reassemble them with stainless hardware.
40 grit
80 grit
fine scuff
Duplicolor Filler Primer 1 dust coat 1 medium coat
fine scuff
Duplicolor Paint 3 medium coats
Duplicolor Clear Truck Bed Coating 2 medium coats
I'll put up some photos after install. As a side note, I like the look without the running boards on. Looks lifted. But I use these too much to leave off.

#2,151 ·
Loaded up my vintage 1976 model year Fuji bicycle in the Element and took it for a ride. Had not had it out for a spin since last summer. Took a minute to get used to the old friction stem mounted shifters again. That old steel frame might be a little heavier than my more modern bike with an aluminum frame, but it has lasted a long time. Still has the original chain, Suntour gear changers and Dia Compe brakes that have never failed. As a bonus it also has a kick stand that the modern bikes do not have anymore.

#2,152 ·
Wired the cab over lights:

The middle one would have gone right into the rear view mirror mount and not worked anyway. Glad I realized that before drilling it. (last picture was of five)

#2,154 ·
I sold it!!

Will be putting some accessories up for sale shortly (Element tray liners from Murdock Industrial, Deluxe carpet set from South Coast Accessories, Black front and rear Wet Okole custom seat covers)... Happy to give forum members a great deal!

It's been real. See you all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.