Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

569K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#2,335 ·
I have the extension but I don't want that much basket on the roof. It will cover the skylight in the rear. Maybe I will assemble it with the extension and toss it on just to see how it looks and feels. Does the narrow bar location give enough sturdiness to the basket with the extension?

Berz out.

#2,337 ·
Just installed new O ring for VTC oil control solenoid valve. Didn't find an old O ring, so maybe that's why I was seeing a little weeping there.
Also installed new filter for VTEC solenoid valve. The old one was pretty brittle, as it broke in pieces when I removed it.
After my toes warm up, I'm going back out to change the O ring for the CKP sensor and the VTC strainer and filter.
Once all those are replaced, I'm going to Scrubbing Bubbles the engine bay and install a new tensioner and belt.
Provided my garden hose isn't frozen.
Then oil change, diff fluid change and trans fluid drain and refill.

#2,356 ·
When I bought my E the piece that covers the gap when the tailgate is down was broken off. Got a new one and installed it today from the wrecker. Freebee. Changed my reverse lights for LED bulbs.
Also messed around with a pair of gas struts I had kicking around to try and get the hood to open on it's own. Will complete that project next weekend. Hopefully the struts are strong enough to hold the hood up.

Berz out.

#2,362 ·
Adjusted the valves on my new engine. Wasn't too far off spec, but some did need minor adjustment.

Decided it was a convenient time to paint the valve cover wrinkle red, but kinda made a mess of it. I'll have to strip it off and have another go at it. Luckily I have a spare from the old engine.

Attachments

#2,363 ·
Spent two hours removing and replacing a couple of oil fittings. Had been a small leak for several months and it was too cold to lay on the concrete garage floor. Been nice here for the past week and figured it was time. Tired of oil on the floor and putting in a quart of oil every two hundred miles for no real reason other than I was just lazy.

#2,365 ·
Took the Element to the Honda dealership on Thursday due to the A/C not working. Just needed the coolant recharged. I guess that is was due after 10 years and 107,000 miles. Service was very good and price reasonable. A/C works great now. They even gave me a loaner car. Was expecting a 10 year old beater Civic, but got a 2017 CRV with 250 miles on it. I guess they figure that you will want to buy a new one after driving it. It was nice, but still prefer the Element. The touch screen radio and controls were ok, but the old style knobs and radio pre-sets in the Element is actually easier to operate. Did not care that much for the new style electric parking brake.

#2,368 ·
Replaced the negative battery cable. Wasn't really experiencing any problems, but one day poking around I spotted it and was surprised by it's condition. Don't understand why it was designed that way. Replaced it with a cable ordered from Rock Auto, A216TA. Picture is the old and new cable.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.