Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

569K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#2,407 ·
At 153k miles, valve adjustment. I didn't know the car's history, but my mechanic says it looks like someone had done it once.
With luck, fog lights next week.

#2,410 ·
Changed out the electric oil pressure gauge for a mechanical. Ran a braided stainless steel line with AN connectors. The electronic one read okay for about two years then just the other day it just quit. Totally. Then next time it read half. Took out sender and checked for blockage. None. Just decided to go mechanical. Good readings now and more accurate.

#2,416 ·
Met Stacy and Karl. They stopped at my house on their travels and we admired each others' Elements. They just finished a year in their Element! Karl gave me a lot of tips as I am still working on my platform.
I have to say, their E camping set up is top notch. Karl put so much thought and talent into his build. It is spacious, light weight, tons of storage. Like the T.A.R.D.I.S..bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. His mods are perfect.

What very awesome, kind, intelligent people. I really feel honored they came to meet me and share some of their travel stories. We had pizza and talked for hours.
If you have a chance, check out their blog.

52 National Parks in 52 weeks!!! WHAAAAAATT? yep and then some!

http://starlkrenbic.blogspot.com/2016/08/karls-10-essentials.html

#2,417 ·
Forgot to mention, they are the first Element owners that I have met that have the passion exhibited in this forum. The first that have been camping and traveling, and for a year!
It was so cool and inspiring to meet people that light up when talking about their car! Showing me their home, and how they make it work. To see and hear their excitement and happiness over their E. I was really excited too, comparing and talking shop and I tried to absorb his knowledge.
Sweet!
Vehicle Car Transport Mode of transport Motor vehicle

#2,419 ·
Painted the E khaki, swapped in an automatic, installed side air bags and rolled back the odometer 2000 miles while I was in there. ?

Prank: I did get around to swapping the wheels and OEM mud guards onto the new '05. Took pictures of the modification needed to fit 0 offset 225/75r16 tires on the E. just cut the hump out of the wheel well and hammered flat the pinch bolt. No rubbing lock to lock.

Gonna take my bum spacer to work tomorrow to see if I can put a few holes in block aluminum. Still need to swap the bolts Honda ordered me by mistake. glad I didn't get around to this lift before we realized we were trading in for an auto.

Attachments

#2,421 ·
Swapped over the higher hatch struts and installed the OEM moonroof shade. Shade helps, but isn't a block out. Should be easy enough to toss bubble film in there for the summer though.

To take the attached photos I locked the white balance and focus so that the pictures would be comparative. On the iPhone. I'm not a photographer, so that might not actually be what that does, but I think so.

Cheers.

Attachments

#2,424 ·
Inflater recall on the new 2005 and a seatbelt buckle repair under warranty.
Pulled the Class II hitch off the old E to later install on the new E.
Painted 4SALE on the old E for drive by advertising.

May try to tackle the 4 pin harness swap this weekend.

#2,425 ·
took it to the shop...again

This time for an out of the blue oil leak. Hoping it's a simple fix (it's never a simple fix).

Each time something creeps up we have the 'fix it then sell it' discussion... but then I take it to the hardware store, throw 3 sheets of plywood in the back, or a dozen deck boards, or drive it 2400km to NB and back, and it's still the best car I've owned.

'tuna

#2,427 ·
This time for an out of the blue oil leak. Hoping it's a simple fix (it's never a simple fix).

Each time something creeps up we have the 'fix it then sell it' discussion... but then I take it to the hardware store, throw 3 sheets of plywood in the back, or a dozen deck boards, or drive it 2400km to NB and back, and it's still the best car I've owned.

'tuna
That's a good one! so true..

#2,426 ·
Bet this will change the way the car feels with the AC on.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#2,430 ·
Installed a new set of rear hatch struts. After 10 years, the original ones were not up to the task anymore. Bought them for $22 from Amazon with free shipping. Was surprised at the variation in pricing even within the Amazon website. Most were more expensive. Was very satisified with how well they work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.