Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

569K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#2,436 ·
New plugs. Same NGK IR as the factory. $36 on amazon prime. Took about 20 minutes (did it while Mrs. Cursh was getting ready for work.)

Drove it around the block to make sure I did everything right and the car did what it does. It was probably mostly due to the "job well done" feeling, but i think it's got noticeably more pickup. I didn't test the gap on the new plugs, but the old ones look to be 50-75% larger gap than new. Car drove great other than getting 2-3mpg less than the 5spd with the same wheels tires. (and more bellypan/wheel well liner).

#2,438 ·
Transmission motor mount was toast on the Silver MT. Swapped it today. Only got five stitches (trying to squeeze by an axle mounted morotcycle license plate in a crowded garage.)

Attachments

#2,442 ·
What mirror width do you have? 270? 240? any interference with the visors?
It's funny how much I love the green interior and hate the blue. That inside looks awesome. Much more light than my LED festoon upgrade.

#2,453 ·
Replaced my rear sway bar links and bushings today @165k miles - 3rd time I've done it and first time I couldn't get the nuts off and had to cut them off with a sawzall. Still an easy job and I still marvel at how inexpensive the parts are from Honda. Next up is the front links and bushings - I've never replaced those so will be interesting what kind of shape they are in. I also bought the MT mount and all three engine mounts to try and resolve front clunking and also a shudder when I let the (new) clutch out from a stop. I figure they could use replacing regardless at this age and # of miles but hopefully it will resolve things.

#2,455 ·
That's sad to see, ramblerdan, but waiting to hear what the next move is for you.

I did the bigger battery upgrade last night as my last 51R went kaput. I stepped up to a 24F battery, bending the metal tray tabs out, using a new aftermarket battery tray, adjustable hold down, and longer J-bolts. The bigger battery thread was a huge help and made the upgrade a breeze. Also, last week I did a full fluid flush. She was due for the 145k oil and filter change, and I wasn't sure of the age of the other fluids, so I decided to also flush the brakes, coolant, power steering, MT fluid, and diff fluid. I haven't run out of washer fluid so I didn't tackle that...yet. :razz: After seeing the condition of most of the fluids, I would say it was a good call.

#2,457 ·
I bought a 2014 Kia Sedona with 12,000 miles. Getting used to parking it, but otherwise I like it very much.

I can tell you this, though: The Sedona online forum is nothing like EOC. People don't have GTGs or campouts, and nobody modifies their cars. I'm on my own.

Mods so far: Trailer hitch, center console. Coming up: Driver's seat extension, cut steering wheel, storage platform.

#2,461 ·
Today I got intimate with my E via valve adjustment :)

Went simply and smooth thanks to ErictheCarGuy's video on it. I triple-checked and double-adjusted each valve just to be safe; I bet the mechanic wouldn't have been so careful with my baby's delicates! Engine idles a little quieter now. I would give this job 4 Wrenches out of 5, as you need to be very careful with adjusting your valves within a thousandth of a millimeter in hard to reach places, and not getting anything in your engine at the same time. I wish I would have calibrated my torque wrench beforehand :( oh well it should be fine.

#2,465 ·
New seats and more leg room

Just finished up replacing my front seats with a set from a 2001 Honda civic and making modifications for more leg room. I'm 6'4" and never really had enough leg room. Thanks goes out to RamblerDan for the idea.:-D

#2,468 ·
At this point, the only spot on an Element I haven't seen is the fuel pump.

Have to swap out the wiring harness on one of em. Headlight wire melted the connector and there's a short for the cluster lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.