Honda Element Owners Club banner

What did you do to your Element today?

569K views 3K replies 556 participants last post by  Rabbit212 
#1 ·
I replaced the front brakes, changed the cabin air filter, and washed her down.

-simpson

#2,526 · (Edited)
Thanked Walmart for wrong size lugnut.
Yeah, they didnt mention they put one on that the stock wrench wouldnt fit on.
Then started fixing brakes on the green one.
Finished a day, and a volleyball tournament later...,
Machined rotors, a new caliper,& hardware cheaped out and kept the pads, even wear, not even half gone.
I never have been able to cut either of ours' rotors.
Now who's taking bets on Wal-mart handing me wrong pitch threads...

Attachments

#2,527 ·
Picked up an original all-weather cargo mat, to match the front and rear ones. Got the full set now! Purchased from my brother's girlfriend, I am supposed to meet up with him soon (in daylight hours) to compare her 04 ex to mine, side by side. Will take and post pics.

#2,529 ·
Changed out interior dome and maps lights for LED bulbs. Had to file some on the dome lights, ended up ordering some other ones that should be here soon.

Added front amber reflectors in fog light location as well.

Hope to do the map light to dome light mod so the map lights come on when doors open.

#2,530 ·
Would love to know more about what works for the LED bulbs on the dome and map lights when you finish. Sounds like a nice touch.

#2,531 ·
So today I did the brakes. All drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Also did the urethane control arm bushing, sway bar bushings and end links. Did all led dome lights and the dome light mod yesterday. Installed a usb charger in dash next to power port. This weekend I’ll install the chargers on both sides in back seat for the kiddos and install back up camera

#2,541 · (Edited)
New here :-D, But I bring visuals with me ,
Just bought one, An EX with the moon roof and 4WD.
This All took place over the last week but ended yesterday , hope this will do.
;-) too much has been changed to list ,and my friends a Pro Mechanic so engine and tranny being removed for seal replacements and 1000 other reasons. Replaced Everything the belt touches with Actual Honda parts not commercial Auto parts house brands. PURRS like a kitten now and literally 0 Leaks of ANY fluid, he was actually happy and how often are mechanics happy?. Bought it with 150k miles:} the inside back is disassembled cause we were replacing the rear wiper water tube ,runs along the whole right side of the car.

Attachments

#2,546 ·
Yesterday- washed my new E, I've had it 2 weeks and it was the best day to do it. I don't know why I bother when I'm on gravel roads 10-20 minutes a day when I'm out. #Dustlife is real.At least my car's not black...

A couple days ago- made a couple of seat back bungees with some SUPER cheap shock cord and clips

Super simple stuff. Imma get on the ball the next few weeks and get some more done.

Attachments

#2,548 ·
All new CV boots in the back:

Outboard are Honda. Inboard are FEEBST
new rear Dif fluid (DUAL PUMP II from HONDA)
Tightened up a loose rear sway link which was causing all sorts of ruckus over bumps.)

*The CV boots were a pretty easy job once I picked up a front hub puller from my local rental a tool/autoparts store. the book says "hit with a rubber mallet" .... sure. no way in hell. I had to lean into the puller with the biggest wrench I had. Does that just mean that my hub nuts were way to tight? I put them on the same amount of tight, lol....

Oh well. Not a bad job. 2 jack stands and I used the OEM scissor jack. 6 bolts after you get the wheels off. 8 if your exhaust is rusted in place like mine. (I dropped the sway bar to get the exhaust tube out of the way.)

#2,556 · (Edited)
Preventative maintenance

Recently waxed it, and replaced the chrome exhaust cover with one I bought at O'Reilys auto parts. Lost the old one after jumping a curb. I also bought a new windshield sun visor. It is hot as hell here in Houston. Just dropped off the E at a mechanic for a rear suspension overhaul. Will have him replace all the bushings on both the rear trailing arms and attached knuckles. Also bought an OEM vtec solenoid to replace next oil change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.