Honda Element Owners Club banner

Winjet Fog Lights (round) on Ebay ~$57

20K views 67 replies 23 participants last post by  SurfShack 
#1 ·
Anybody have an opinion on the ~$57 Element fog light sets on eBay?

They look specific to the Element, like OEM clones.

The seller i saw is "imotorsport", but there are more than one seller.

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought my fog light set off Ebay around this same price.They actually were an OEM set in a Honda box. Don't remember the seller's name, check with the seller your looking at and see if they have a part # to give or if it is an OEM set.

#4 · (Edited)
Seller hpcimportsalvage has OEM kits listed for $79.90 shipped. I think the seller I got mine from was yourkeylessremote, but I'm not positive. Doesn't look like they have any listed right now. If you're talking a $23 difference, it's worth it to go OEM in my opinion.
Part Number is WJ30-0139-11. Googling says "Winjet". Opinions on Winjet brand?

Same sellers have HID version for $125, no. WJ30-0139-11+60K.

I took out an older "fancy" set, that had started to yellow. I am just looking for a quick install now to fill the holes with a functional light. I'll go "fancy" HID eventually. I'd like some nice halo fogs that MATCH headlight halos. But that's all for later. Quick fix now.

I just want to make sure I get something that isn't crap. Hoping somebody already bought them and had a review?

#3 ·
Seller hpcimportsalvage has OEM kits listed for $79.90 shipped. I think the seller I got mine from was yourkeylessremote, but I'm not positive. Doesn't look like they have any listed right now. If you're talking a $23 difference, it's worth it to go OEM in my opinion.

#7 ·
I DON'T have the OEM wiring. That was one of the benefits of this set, assuming it is the same manufacturer. Makes for a quicker, less complicated install. Also, I would have the option of using it on a future set if I wnt to do some modding.

#12 ·
I've decided to buy a pair. They can't be any worse that my previous cheap ebay china fog lamps. If they fail, I still have the correct hardware bracket to use on future purchases. I just can't decide between the regular and HID sets from the same sellers.

#13 ·
I'd recommend the OEM sets for $79 from hpcimportsalvage - I bought a set a while back from this seller and they are indeed OEM in the original box and even included the switch, which usually is sold as a separate part. I personally can't see saving ~$20 to go with some unknown aftermarket option. Hard to say if the wiring will really match up, whereas the OEM sets are "plug and play"

#14 ·
OEM doesn't come in the smoked or yellow, or HID versions. Also if I upgrade later I've wasted +$20 on the OEM if I keep the brackets for a future set.

#15 ·
I bought this set off Ebay last week and I just got around today to do an install it.

Wiring harness are different than the OEM ones. Good thing about the harness is that the fogs run independently with out the headlights being on, nor does it shuts off when Hi beam is on as well.

Overall, a good set of fogs for the price

#21 ·
Thanks for jumping in and posting the info. I haven't had time to get to this project yet, but it always helps to have members post info for everybody so you know what you are getting into.

#22 ·
bought

So I bought a pair of the SMOKED ones from "prestigeautosportstyle" (lol).

I haven't had time to install yet. Also, slightly irked that "smoked" is actually "MIRROR smoked", and I'm hoping they won't be so reflective once they are installed back into the recess.

Light Automotive lighting Electronics Headlamp Electronic device

#25 · (Edited)
So I went to install these today...

Needless to say, I'm testing before fully installing, and it's not working the way I expected. =(

When is the OEM fog connector (underdash, brown w/blue tape) SUPPOSED to be hot?

#29 ·
I got it. Two of the OEM connections under the dash are the same, I was plugging into the wrong one (no instructions included). It's NOT the 1-pin, brown plug blue tape, next to the sub. It IS the 1-pin in the under dash box. Tested and verified. Thanks for the help though.

White Line art Text Line Diagram

Text Auto part Diagram Line art Design

#30 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm wanting to know what I should buy. I can get the 57.00$ fogs off eBay, or the OEM Honda fog lights for 248$ what should I buy? I have an 04 Element with no factory fogs I wanting to add them.

edit.. I found a Set for 46$

#31 · (Edited)
A note on functionality differences I have noticed before/since installing:

Knockoff Set:
-can be bought in HID (but projector probably not designed correctly for HID. Anybody want to verify?)
-can be bought in Regular/Yellow/Smoke(mirrored-smoke) lens
-harness is different design, and is a bit short for my taste (engine-to-cabin-wise), and needs to go through firewall.
-fog BUTTON backlight will NOT turn on until the button pressed. basically, the button is NOT illuminated at night with other interior lighting until pressed (on). Probably mod-able, but no time to work on it myself.
-different harness design allows fogs to be operated independently of headlight or engine activity.
-fog button included, but doesn't quite match (but can easily be replaced by Honda button, however backlight still off until button pressed, due to harness design)

Honda Set:
-regular lens only
-probably higher quality
-harness DOESN'T need to go through firewall, is plug-n-play (if I recall correctly)
-fog button usually sold separately
-fog BUTTON backlight WILL turn on with other interior lighting at night
-fog lights only come on in one state (but can probably be modified, somebody please clarify which state and if mod-able)

Other:
-no comment on the knockoff bulbs. i switched them out for a different brand before testing

#33 ·
The OEM fog lights are the best way to go as they are pretty easy to install and as mentioned are plug n' play. I got my set off Ebay and it did include the switch.

#34 ·
I just installed HIDs last night and being in Canada, I no longer have my DRLs. I've been thinking about getting some fogs recently, and now I have even more reason to as I can use them as DRLs.

However, I do not want to go through the wiring nightmare that the OEM fogs need to run independently from the engine and the headlights. I need them to be on at all times, with me being able to turn them on and off whenever.

With that being said, the "knockoff" set which I believe can still be found in boatloads on eBay, seems like the better choice for me. Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to install these, the wiring part that is? I'm not exactly too electrically savvy. This thread also seems devoid of any photos of the installation process :/

#35 ·
With that being said, the "knockoff" set which I believe can still be found in boatloads on eBay, seems like the better choice for me. Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to install these, the wiring part that is? I'm not exactly too electrically savvy. This thread also seems devoid of any photos of the installation process :/
The following explains a lot of the install (except knockoff is different wire harness).

Then:

Underdash harness:
-power "in" connector for brown OEM fog plug
-fuse (preassembled)
-relay (preassembled)
-ground
-fake Honda switch (works, but will be replaced by legit switch)
-power "out" plug to underhood harness

Underhood harness:
-power "in" plug from underdash harness
-ground
-light connector 1
-light connector 2
My memory already faded on this, but from my own earlier posts, I think you only have to:
1- physically install light fixtures (same as honda docs)
2- pop in control switch (same as honda docs)
3- attach ground (under-hood)
4- attach ground (under-dash)
5- RUN HARNESS THROUGH FIREWALL SOMEWHERE
6- plug all harness parts together
7- plug harness into fuse-box (under-hood)

The hard part (IMO) is finding the shortest/safest path to run through firewall, and contorting yourself under the dash to attach the under-dash ground.

#38 ·
Try using the search function at top of page. If you can't find anything, try making a new thread and asking (I probably should have titled this one to include applicable years). Someone will either answer your thread, or an admin will refer you to an applicable one. I honestly don't know the answer since I have only looked for '04 applicable.

#39 ·
Hey i know am Late but am not telling you what to do its your choice. I will buy the OEM fog lights , they came with the switch and there is no hanging wires anywhere , i learned the hard way with BLINGLIGHTS worst lights ever, Water gets inside them quick , they the switch had to be drilled behinde the engine, I had a Very bad time , then i got pissed and got the OEM from HANDA, very happy

#40 ·
Sorry that I'm a little late to respond to this thread as I haven't been active on the forum for a few months. However, I must point out that BlingLights has many different lamp kits that are compatible with the E. Also, there are many resellers of BlingLighys products -- some resellers are less scrupulous than others.

I'm not sure which lamp kit you purchased, but if there should come a time that you are interested in a BlingLights lamp kit, please be sure to contact me and I'll ensure that your experience is a positive one.

#41 · (Edited)
PSA: NOT COOL -> product changes

I helped someone order and install the EXACT SAME set as me, from the EXACT SAME seller on ebay, showing the EXACT SAME part number, and they AREN'T the exact same set any more:

Item:
WJ30-0139-11
Desc:
03 04 Honda Element Fog Lights Front Bumper Lamps Smoke Lens PAIR SET
-FYI, switch is black

Seller:
"Imotorsport" (some emails come from @winjetinc.com)

Manufacturer Link (from meldarb above)
Wjauto.com

Set A (10/2012):
-harness not quite long enough to route 'cleanly' into cabin, but only a minor issue if you are prepared to make a short extension
-switch interchangeable with OEM switch (higher quality, better match)

Set B (02/2014):
-harness came WITH extension! Fixes previous set issue :-D:-D:-D
-missing, or not included: all the screws to put in lamps, and the zipties for the harness. We had zipties, but having to go to Home Depot for screws was ANNOYING. :x:x:x
-switch and harness connection has been redesigned and is not compatible with OEM switch anymore.
:x:x:x

Here is a closeup of the new connection. I don't have a regular one to show since they are all installed already. Basically, this redesign is more squarish than the OEM rectangular shape, but still has 5 pins.

Green Technology Electronic device Electrical connector Electronics

Since it was 3 months since he ordered them, it was too late to return or ask if parts were missing, or the original harness could be bought. Luckily this was all just purchased to get cheap replacement lamps for an OEM set.

You have been warned.

P.S.
Install hint: I take off my front bumper a lot to work on things, and the harness extension to the fogs is a bit short/tight, and is a bit hard to get to and disconnect to FULLY remove the bumper. With this in mind, and the helpful extension on the new set, we mounted the harness across the lower portion of his car, rather than across the top. It adds about 2' of extension to the harness at each fog. Just make sure your route is safe, the harness is protected, and won't be sitting in any pools of water. I may go back and do mine this way too, the next time I am in there.

#48 ·
I helped someone order and install the EXACT SAME set as me, from the EXACT SAME seller on ebay, showing the EXACT SAME part number, and they AREN'T the exact same set any more:

I just noticed that the new style clone switch also DOES NOT have the neo-wedge type bulbs that can be accessed from the bottom of the switch, and the 'faceplate' of the switch is a different design, that I haven't figured out how to remove yet either. I popped the tabs on the rear of the switch, and that didn't really give me any bulb access either. I stopped there since I didn't want to accidentally break a perfectly good switch.

#42 ·
I got a fog kit for free out of the forums. Was supposed to have no switch but showed up with a switch and no lamps. Also a phone battery??

Since I need just the lamps could I buy this set and plug them into the OEM harness?

Or do I need to buy OEM lamps?

#43 ·
Probably, but check the manufacturer site above and look at pics to see if the connection matches. Also read this whole thread to get the whole argument of opinion on OEM vs. clone, and make your own decision. Either way, whatever you buy will probably come with a new harness anyway.

#45 ·
So I just installed mine last night, was pretty straight forward, had the updated green connector as well. Wired everything up as instructed but they aren't really working. Firstly, the fog light button is always lit, even with the car off, doors closed. Secondly when I turn them "on" only the drivers side turns on and it is very dim. Any suggestions? I'll be looking at it more tonight. I don't think it matters but should I be putting the grounds at certain locations? I have one on the negative battery terminal on the quarter panel and the other at the multi-ground location under the steering wheel, behind the fog light button.

#46 ·
Check the easiest things first.

Check the bulbs:
With a long screwdriver, you can remove the light housings without taking the bumper off. 1 screw each, then lift out of slots. I learned this AFTER it would have been helpful so I can't vouch for it myself.

The switch:
I don't THINK it's possible, but did you install the new switch upside down? KEEP IN MIND I have the older harness installed, so mine may behave differently than yours. The 2nd set I helped install reused a factory harness (skipping the ebay one). Did you get any directions? Did it tell you the same cabin power tap point in under-dash fuse box?

Grounds:
I installed my set with the cabin ground the same place you did, and the bumper ground down near the factory harness (lowest front left ground point).

Out of curiosity:
1. Did your set come with the zip ties, instructions, screws for light housings, extension line? I'm still wondering if we had a fluke 2nd set that was missing a bag, or if they actually don't include those parts any more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.