Honda Element Owners Club banner

Looking for an Element near Chicago?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  wmas1960 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2004 EX AWD Element in Sunset Orange yesterday, the day before Christmas. Like you, I found this site and looked around trying to find what people were paying and where they had purchased their Elements. I read the post by Element 235, a lady from Wisconsin, who got a real good price in the Chicago area. After messaging her and finding out where she bought, I called her dealer. They only had one 2004 (a green) but it was officially a used 2004 and did not qualify for the 1.9 financing.
I than looked at the Chicago dealer web sites and found Honda of Lisle. Man am I glad I called them. My salesperson was Natalie. I cannot recommend her too highly. I had test driven the Element at a different dealership (they wouldn't deal) so I knew I wanted an Element. I was able to get the price I wanted on the phone from Natalie. She made things so easy. If you call her, tell her it was a Chicago firefighter that recommended her.

#3 ·
Phill said:
Congratulations! i have had mine a week today. The one thing that I have noticed is when I pass another person driving one they wave, smile, or nod.
It's like family :) What kind of deal did you get in that area?
I paid much closer to $18,500 than $19,000. If someone wants to P.M. me, I'll give details.

#4 ·
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the boards!

What model to you choose? I am sure that you will enjoy it, as we all do.
I am from Roselle and purchased my Honda's from Schaumburg Honda.
A CR-V EX for my wife and a Element DX for myself.

#5 · (Edited)
shingo said:
I paid much closer to $18,500 than $19,000.
Sounds pretty good. What did you get. EX, DX LX? 4wd? Automatic?

Any accessories? TTL and Doc?

I am sure most of that is the stuff you meant about when you mention about contacting via "PM".

I am not knocking or anything but just want to point that when people do try and get pricings from looking at sites like this, it can be confusing and decieving. There is so much variance in one purchase to the next. Then add in financing and trade-ins and you have a situation where what someone thinks someone else paid may not be the whole story. Readers should consider these possibilities when they are looking at prices. It could be a shock when one goes out to buy a 18,500 Element and finds that the bottom line ends up 21,000. Or that they were actually pricing a LX when looking at an EX and a lot of stuff isn't included.

Really, I am just curious because the original writer was writing about the EX that they had bought.

I got mine back in May from Muller in Highland Park. They were really good and I didn't feel that I was being run through the wringer at all. I negotiated mostly through Internet and phone and all but had the deal made before ever meeting the salesman. I got the 4wd Automatic EXS(side airbags) with fogs, side steps, rear deflector and armrest all out the door for under 23. Now, that may sound like a lot to some, I add that the price above included all taxes, title and license plates, documentation fee and everything. There may be some better prices now as they are at year end and 05s are coming in as we speek, from what I understand.

I am very happy with my Element and am now trying to find the time to get it in for the first Oil Change. Need to get it a bath too. The road salt is getting really bad. Dissapointingly though. No sooner will I get it washed it will probably look just as bad again. :( I have added a few things as you can see in my tag below. Just today I put in the orange bungees that my brother got me for Christmas. Exactly the same as the ones from the factory but orange instead of black. They look nice. He also got me the clear lenses for the marker lights. Haven't decided whether I want to do those or not. I am pretty happy with the original yellow lenses. Now for a DVD player with flip down screen and the Remote Start. Getting pretty cold out there these days.

#6 ·
I paid 19100 plus tax(7.5%) and ($125)title here in Ohio. The 19100(including destination) was for an EXAWD no side airbags /orange, Carpet mats and mud guards. It was about 1000 under invoice. I think any time you can get a Honda Under invoice your doing good. The mats aren't the greatest. I had to take them back because they were distorted. I couldn't get them to lay flat. They are getting another set for me. I will pick them up this week. The salt is driving me nuts,too. I have been washing it about every other day just to keep the muck down. When this stuff is all over it will be a real test for the Element to see how durable it is. So far so good. I now have 300 miles! Friends and coworkers have talked about their 4 wheel drives and whether they have it in or out or if they can get it out or back in or how to get it out, up in over! LOL I told them I just get in my "E" and drive! LMAO It is a fun factor of 10 for me. Just my opinion! :)

#8 ·
I got the carpeted mats and they came rolled up in a box. They wouldn't lie flat either but I found that if I left them out in the sun they loosened up a little and were flat when I put them in. I also got the splash guards and the steering wheel cover with the same shipment. I unpacked everything and they just sat on the driveway for several hours. It took some time to put everything else in and I figured leaving them in the sun for the time would be good. But then I was putting them on in June. Downside was that I had the AC going since it was about 90 out. Condensation from the AC ran down the driveway and, Of Course, soaked the rear mat. Also, they were proper shaped, just curled in a way that they wouldn't sit flat. Once warmed up they were supple enough to be smoothed flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.