Honda Element Owners Club banner

Longtime Honda/Acura Owner - Just bought an E

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Slobadon 
#1 ·
Greetings cyberfriends!

Longtime Honda/Acura owner and enthusiast here that joined the world of Element ownership today. Have wanted one forever, but never had the opportunity presented itself. About to close on a larger home in need of some upgrades and remodeling with 4 wonderful garage bays to tinker in, so instead of truck shopping, I pounced on a local Element I located on Craigslist, and drove it home today for $3000.

I've owned an 89 CRX Si, 92 Civic Si, 93 Del Sol Si, 99 Acura TL, 00 Civic Si, 00 S2000 AP1, 01 Acura CL, 02 Acura MDX, 03 Acura CLS6M, and currently have an 09 Acura TL SH-AWD and an 07 Acura TL Type S.

I've done B motor swaps, forced induction, nitrous, and J32 builds on my CLs, and am no stranger to the normal Intake/Header/Exhaust/Suspension/Brakes/Stereo upgrade family, hope to add some value here.

I picked up an element that's a bit rough, but it's going to be a work truck effectively, so if I fall in love, I might have to go find one in a little better shape to drop a spare J32A2 I have laying around into... :)

My 03 has 217,000 miles (I'm guessing that's probably pretty high for the age of the vehicle), is a 5 speed on the original (and doesn't feel bad) clutch, and aside from someone adding a radio, seems relatively untainted.

I'm already seat shopping for a new pair of fronts, ordred some rear sway bar end links to get rid of the clunking in the rear hopefully, and ordered the keyless entry kit as I'm admittedly just to spoiled not to have it.

Any "must-do" maintenance issues anyone could make me aware of are appreciated. It's definitely in need of brake pads at the moment, and I suspect 217,000 on any factory struts means they're on borrowed time. Still, with new tires, 100% complete, and in good running order, I feel like I got a steal at $3000, and have enjoyed driving it today.

I'm savvy enough that I'm already searching for what TSX goodies bolt on to the K24 - or if a full K24 swap from a TSX is plausible, in the event the 217k motor gives up the ghost, but haven't dug into the forums too deep yet - again, just a work truck for now.

Bee seeing you around the web.....

-Pseudo

See less See more
#3 ·
Well then I will be the first to say congrats on getting an Element :!:

#4 ·
WELCOME! I've been moving all weekend, so that's my reason for a slow response. But, Im not moving into a house with 4 garage bays, I'd kill for one bay at this moment. As you can see from the big turn out, we need lots more people just like yourself, especially if you take the time to document your progress and findings.

Not many people have done hardcore engine mods, at least not posted up recently. A handful of turbos, no K24/20 Frankensteins. A few peices are swappable with modification for fit. I think the most common items that get swapped around from other elements are suspension components, again with slight modifications. It looks like you have a lot of Hondas under your belt, I hope with your over all knowledge that you can put together some new stuff for us all. Don't be afraid to revive an old post!

Cheap plug - Check out the SAMCO Group buy that is just about to close on and take orders. You don't wanna miss out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.