Honda Element Owners Club banner

Any visual markings of a 4WD vs 2WD?

Tags
2wd 4wd
58K views 300 replies 146 participants last post by  ramblerdan 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 4WD EX. I noticed that, other than the window sticker (showing price etc) there is no marking whatsoever to designate a 4WD from a 2WD EX. You can not tell a 4WD from a 2WD by any different controls or markings inside the car either. And you certainly cannot tell one from the other in a test drive. As time goes on, and used Elements become available, how will someone know which is a 2WD and which is a 4WD model?

#55 ·
[quote:80d5ce4963=" "]those are nice, but they would suck on the SOP

i got a silver AWD metal applique off ebay.[/quote:80d5ce4963]

Oh that's a good tip! I was wondering about the red blending in to the SOP - silver would take care of that problem! :) Thanks!

#61 ·
Re: How to tell you have AWD?

booggerg said:
It fits right at home on a S-10 or Ranger..
Yep, right next to the huge NASCAR stickers.

Seriously though, I bought the OEM CRV "realtime awd" sticker from majestic honda, but it just didn't look right anywhere I held it up. The best was centered under the wiper, but I still didn't like it and peeled it off immediately. My E stays sleek for now.

#68 ·

PVR said:
I looked on the sales sticker stuck on the window at the dealership.
They wouldn't charge me for something that wasn't actually on the vehicle, would they? :-o
I'm sure if it's on the window sticker, you're safe. LOL! You haven't looked underneath it yet?

:roll:

#71 ·

booggerg said:
Sorry, that 4x4 sticker is way to WT-looking. It fits right at home on a S-10 or Ranger.. but not an element.
Even worse is that I think it is the badge from the Passport. To me, any badge from a "Honda" that wasn't really a Honda is worse than having no badge at all :)

I have nothing wrong with Isuzu...I just don't think Honda should have ever stuck their badge on a non-Honda product. The Passport was bad, but that Acura SLX was worse. :)

#72 ·

the eagle mark/badge story is here:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9242&highlight=eagle+badge

the eagle is put on the elements that are shipped to japan, and 15 elements of the EOC in north america.

the AWD badge i got off ebay (i think it was originally for a FORD!!!) but i like the typeface and the size is perfect. i think i got it for $2+$3 shipping.

#73 ·
Awd

Is there another way to tell if my element is awd besides the window sticker? I cannot find mine! Thanks Barry :shock:

#74 ·
Re: Awd

My first reaction to your question was "Use the search!" because we've talked about it a zillion times here... but you know what? You can't search with just "AWD"!

There are three quick ways to tell. The VIN (serial number) contains a code for AWD. It is the sixth character, after the '5J6YH'. If it is a "2" then you have AWD. If it is a "1" then you have FWD.

Second way is to look underneath. The AWD version will have axles and a small differential between the rear wheels, and a small driveshaft going to the front. The FWD version doesn't have any of that.

The third... a "D'oh!"... is the factory sunroof. Sunroof = AWD, no sunroof = 2WD. Elements are offered with those combinations only, and none have been made which conflict with that.

#75 ·
Re: Awd

Thanks for the info,I had read somewhere about the sunroof but I thought they were kidding! Barry :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.