Honda Element Owners Club banner

Any E owners ride motorcycles?

64K views 373 replies 215 participants last post by  halfast 
#1 ·
I am an avid motorcycle rider. I LOVE riding. I was wondering if anyone rode a motorcycle also? If so, what kind? Cruiser or sportbike. I ride a sportbike.

#5 ·
I sold my '00 GSX-R600 last year and have been going through withdrawal for a while. Luckily, my best friend who lives 8 houses down has an R1 and a Harley Night Train, so I get to ride them whenever I want. I'm getting a part-time job at MotorsportsofColumbus soon, so again, the temptation is going to be there to buy a new one.

#8 ·
Yes I love to ride! I have a 1979 Honda Gold Wing Gl-1000. Got it new in 1979, has over 103,300K on it now. Trouble free miles, Still does not leak oil, like my Harley's did.:)

#10 ·
Kayakin' Dan said:
That's a feature. If it doesn't leak, then you know it's empty. I ride a couple of Buells.
Nice pic! Aren't bikes awesome? I've been riding for 3 years now and can't stop. Belong to a womens mc club. Even been to WV, VA - rode the continental divide. Some of the most gorgeous riding there. Will most likely tow bikes there again in October, using the E!

#12 ·
SEmy2K2go said:
I sold my '00 GSX-R600 last year and have been going through withdrawal for a while. Luckily, my best friend who lives 8 houses down has an R1 and a Harley Night Train, so I get to ride them whenever I want. I'm getting a part-time job at MotorsportsofColumbus soon, so again, the temptation is going to be there to buy a new one.
Harley and an R1? That's some combo. Better hang onto that R1. Yeah, I get those withdrawals too! Been a long winter season. I'm ready to ride already.

#14 ·
Honda 919 here. Great bike

#15 · (Edited)
Honda CBR1100XX. AKA "Blackbird". And I ride it. Have almost 65,000 miles on her and only had one small problem. "It's a Honda"!!!!!

Ken

#19 ·
Some of my rides:

Aprilia Futura Sport Touring('02 ashblack) Big fast and smooth....great for those runs up to Vermont for lunch.

Kawi KL600 (old crappy on/off road beater) which I use as an almost daily commuter.

1996 Buell S1 "Lightning"- look up "fun" in the dictionary and you'll see a pic.

Ride safe....have fun.

Will

#21 ·
I ride an '86 Yamaha RZ500. You didn't get them in the states. I have GSX-R forks and wheels with FJ1200 calipers, 1999 ZX-7RR fiberglass bodywork from OPP Racing, Carbon fiber mirrors and front fender. Engine work done: heads decked down, Carbon Fiber reeds, Barnett clutch, re-jetted, pipes cleaned out, YPVS powervalve linkage modified, opened up the airbox and went to pre-mix gas only, no more injector pump. Lots of fun, almost completed. By the way, if you haven't already figured out what an RZ500 is, it is a V-4,
2-stroke, stock came with about 90-92HP. Mine should be pushing just over 100hp. If I had aftermarket pipes.... about 115hp. The wish list is always too long! :)
-Brock

#22 ·
brockoli said:
I ride an '86 Yamaha RZ500. You didn't get them in the states....
I had a '84 RZ-350 for a short time back in the early '90s. I still have a RD-350 'cause it wasn't worth enough to bother selling. Haven't riden it in a while. It's got Flat bars, homemade reasets, and D&D expansion chambers. Even after all the bikes I've owned/ridden since then, I sometimes still miss that nasty ring-a-ding-ding down the (often rain slicked)streets of Scranton,PA at 1 or 2 in the morning when I was 19 year old....delivering pizzas.

Will

#24 ·
ADAMLSTL said:
I used to ride/own an 85 Honda Nighthawk.. It was fun..:cool:
I used to have an 1982 Honda Nighthawk. Loved that bike. Picked it up on my birthday just before my divorce was final! :D

Great running bike.

#25 ·
Hey eveyone I ride umm lets see everyday 05 Honda VFR, Fast Days 05 Honda 1000RR and when i feel like need to learn new Stuff Kawasak 85 Ninja 600R Oh i was wonder if some try Fitting there Sports bike into there E's yet I been thinking about it....

Happy Ridin....Share the Road....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.