Honda Element Owners Club banner

synthetic oil&mpg

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  macmini05 
#1 ·
has any one tried&checked the new castrol edge synthetic oil for more mpg? it's supposed to be a lot better than mobile1. I just got my 2005 E so I need to get a base line mpg first.

#4 ·
I switched to Mobil 1 about 2 years ago in both my Hondas. Not surprisingly, there was no perceptible difference in MPG (that wasn't the goal anyway). I'm considering switching from Mobil 1 to Valvoline synthetic, it's a little cheaper and some people tend to think it is better.

If anyone has opinions concerning Mobil vs Valvoline synthetic, I'd like to hear it!

#5 ·
I've run Mobile1 since the first oil change 40k miles ago. I think it may have taken a bit longer for the engine to break in, got awful mileage til about 14k. I live in a rural area at sea level, local mileage is about 22-interstate mileage is 24-26, if I use the cruise and not my heavy right foot.:D

#6 ·
I agree that driving habits affect the mileage more than anything....and using the AC. However, When I used Castrol Syntec I used to get some 25mpg tanks. I have used Mobil 1 the last two oil changes and I have not hit 25mpg again. I do have a few 24mpg results though.

Up here in Michigan I have to deal with gas formula blend changes as well.

Anyone else have results on this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.