Honda Element Owners Club banner

What's the best way to access bottom radiator hose?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  psschmied 
#1 ·
What's the best way to access/change bottom radiator hose on 2003 Element?
Hoses have 106,000 miles, guess I should change them. Any suggestions or feedback? Thanks!

#3 ·
It sounds like you want to change them as routine maintenance (i.e. change them before they leak). I'm wondering how many folks here have done this rather than just fix them if/when there is a problem or they seem worn, and if so at what ,mileage? I believe the maintenance schedule calls for the first radiator fluid change at 120k - do folks feel the hoses should be changed at the same time? I hadn't really considered it but now that it's mentioned, I probably will consider it, depending on their price.

#4 ·
You don't indicate your location in your profile, so there's no indication that your E is exposed to extraordinary operating conditions, like Death Valley.

Unless there's evidence of leakage, swelling, surface corrosion or cracking, I'd use the radiator drain plug to change the coolant, and call it quits.

If you believe the lower hose might be nearing end of life, why not change every coolant system hose?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.