Honda Element Owners Club banner

100% Commited to the Group Buy

• Yes

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 22.0%

SAMCO Sport Silicone Radiator Hose Kit - Group Buy.

64K views 401 replies 41 participants last post by  Savage Toaster 
#1 · (Edited)
New Group Buy Time! Need 15 Commited EOC'ers.

First Off - POLL - You cannot change answers (that I know about) so please read everything before voting. This is the best way for me to know this group buy is nailed down.

I am in contact with Mark from SAMCO Sport, they make silicone radiator/coolant hoses. He is excited and eager to work with us. No company out there currently makes such a kit or product for the Element and he has given me the chance to organize a group buy for us. There are a lot of steps and details involved to lock down since this will essentially be an entirely new product.

Please read everything I write about this offer BEFORE posting questions. I am going to give as much and all info I have to you all so that this is a simple Yes or No answer and we can move along. But please ask as many quality questions and add quality posts to this thread.

Please do not add any negative posts about why you do not want this or why you think it is stupid or what ever. Your silence will tell us that. Thanks. If you feel the need to let us know you are not with the program, I created the NO vote on the poll for you. :razz:

NO - There is not a price yet, the product isn't made yet. You can look on ebay and www.samcosportusa.com to get familiar with their other product offerings. I'd give a ballpark of $100-$200. We'll see how that changes.

Ok enough re-hash. I'll give the honest full disclosure communication between Mark and I starting with the e-mail chain;

See less See more
#2 ·
ME-
Hello, I am getting ready to do a hose replacement for the coolant
lines in my Honda Element. Sadly, there is not much out for there the
Element as far as aftermarket parts. And there certainly isnt anything
available like what SAMCO sport makes. I would like to upgrade to a blue
silicone kit, but it appears that you do not make one for the Element. I am
fairly certain that the system has never changed for the entire 2003-2011
line as they all use the K24 motor.

I would like to invite you to www.elementownersclub.com and see that the
hands ons/diy/tuner element owner does exist and I know you could make a
great product that would sell fast just on this website alone.

Have you guys thought about the Element platform? Could you think about it?
I would like to report back to the EOC with any info. Thanks for your time.

MARK-
Dear Stephen,

We may offer a kit for this but only in Japan, I will contact our
distributor and get back to you shortly.

Best regards,

Mark Hale.

MARK-
Hi Stephen,

Sorry we don't have a kit for this car but would certainly be interested if we could get some kind of group buy going for say 15 kits. I would need a set of stock hoses before I could quote you accurate pricing, if you can supply me these and providing the group buy worked out I will send you a set of Samco's and clips at no cost in your choice of colour (From the Samco existing colour range)

Let me know if this may be of interest.

Best regards,

Mark.

ME-
Mark, thanks for getting back to me. I like where this is going! I will start talks about a group buy tonight. I think 15 people will be easy to round up.

As far as shipping the hoses to you, What would be the address?

Questions I know I'll be asked;
How would the individual payments and orders work out?
Can people get different colors, or all have to stay the same?
What is the average turnaround time once we are all committed?

Respectfully,
Stephen Lowe

MARK-
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, I have to say it's very nice to get someone like yourself who will take time in emailing Samco with suggestions as to what we should be offering the U.S market. (Not something our distributors seem to do!) hence I hope to make it worth your effort.

The shipping address would be;

SamcoSport,
Coed Cae Lane,
Pontyclun,
Mid Glamorgan,
South Wales.
CF72 9HJ
United Kingdom.

We have a U.S website where the kits could be purchased from directly (www.samcosportusa.com) at the moment it's just set u for motorcycle and universal hoses but not a problem to add the kits in to the inventory. If we get an order of 15 + kits I will issue a discount code to all participating members. (every little helps these days ;-)

No problem in ordering different colours but please be aware that some of the more unusual colours do have a price premium due to complexity of manufacturing. The premium priced colours are below;

White, Pink, Viper Red, Classic Satin Black, Silver, Grey all have a 15% premium over the final prices I quote you. If your guys require more radical colours such as Camouflage or Blaze designs then it's + 35%. The final option is custom Cam which basically means the customer gets to choose a maximum of four colours from the SamcoSport range and we build these in a custom camo design for them but this is + 50%.

Once the hoses are here and we are all happy with prices I would estimate 7 working days for tooling then 3~4 weeks before the hoses get shipped to the warehouse. I will try and get them out quicker if at all possible.

The UK has a national holiday on Monday so if you respond to this email but don't receive a reply until Tuesday that's the reason why :)

Have a good weekend and thank you once again for your reply,

Mark.

#3 · (Edited)
Now the Fun stuff!

Here is an image from a kit for an S2000

Once we get 15 committed buyers, I will send Mark the assortment of hoses that we all agree we want to be a part of the kit. This will come out of my own pocket (Im dreading shipping rates to the UK). Yes, I'll get a no cost kit, but im doing the leg work here. Im sure you can understand it's fair.

Check out SAMCO's official site. I'll link to the color choices page first but please poke around their site and get all the info they offer.
www.samcosport.com

Let's narrow down the hoses we want! Remember, the more hoses we chose the more money we spend.

Of course we want the Upper and Lower Radiator hoses;
19501-PZD-A00 Upper hose #7
19505-PZD-A10 (2007-2011) 19505-PZD-A00 (2003-2006) Lower hose #9
^ as far as i can tell from all of the diagrams and pricing, these are the same shape, anyone know why the part number changed?

Optionals
79721-SCV-A00 HOSE A, WATER INLET #2
79722-S5D-A00 HOSE B, WATER INLET #3
79725-SCV-A00 HOSE, WATER OUTLET #4

YES- These hoses should fit all 2003-2011 Elements and trim levels. This is the goal anyway. (only slightly unsure about the lower rad hose)

Still not sold? These will probably out last your E, replacing the stock rubber hoses will need to be done at some point so why not do it now with some nice colored silicone ones??

Your part! Express your desire to commit, gush and dream over the color choices, but most importantly list the part numbers you want to commit to. If I missed any, let me know! We'll see how it goes first then another Poll will be made for those parts, the ones that get 15+ votes get added to the kit!

Who's interested!?

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Yes, that's what I figured out. I'm scratching those as an option. I found the one I was looking for. Lets just say it's not a cooling line after all 46408-SDA-A02 :twisted: Thanks for the help.

While I still can, I've removed 19504-RAA-A00 HOSE, BYPASS INLET #1 from the list. It connects to the thermostat under the intake manifold.

#11 ·
Thanks for the heads up... and here comes the newbie questions:

How long would it take a first timer to install? Special tools? Etc?
How long would it take a pro to install?

#12 ·
No idea on the time, I figure it would take me a full day taking my time. To install, you would have to drain coolant then just unclip and pull off the old hoses. Then push the new hoses back on with their clips. Add about 2 gallons of coolant back in and get rid of the bubbles. The service manuals are pretty good about Ilustrating how to take them off. The back side heater hoses have a few bolts to remove. A coolant burper would help in getting the bubbles out and a few pairs of needle nose pliers might help get the clips off the hoses. Overall real basic stuff.

I figure this would be a good thing to do when its time to change coolant in the E's. I know not all of the 15 people we need are going to need to change their coolant or hoses right now and the hoses could wind up sitting on peoples shelves for a while. But, this group buy/product will not be available then or ever again if it doesn't happen now. I think itis a big deal that SAMCO sport is this eager to work with us. There is a huge lack of companies willing to look into the E for aftermarket parts. I know most of us are "campers", but there should be enough "tuners" and "DIYers" out there to make this work.

#16 ·
I'll be interested in the blue. Just need a clarification as to what the set will consist of. I'm sure of the upper/lower radiator hoses, but would like to know how hard it is to change the others. Also, since I live in Hawaii, how expensive to ship here. Mahalo.:grin:

#21 ·
Poll shows 4... but I don't think Darth Raider has voted yet so we have a whole 5 on it. Not looking good guys!

Remember, Mark said he would give the EOC a discount code on the hoses, they could very well end up lower then $100 if you go with a regular color. If we just do the Upper and Lower, it could be much less. So far Everyone that has put their word in hasn't said anything about what they want in the kit. This is still very much open to debate.

About the throttle body tubing, I was thinking some standard universal silicone hose could work there for pretty cheap. I've seen Red and Blue around, but I don't know the ID we would need for the two model year changes.

#23 ·
Just an FYI for those of you doing this group buy. Make sure you use their hose clamps, or constant pressure clamps from Napa, as silicone hoses don't mold to the pipes like rubber hoses do. Because of this, if there is not a constant pressure around the entire hose fitting, you can get minor seepage. (I replaced a heater hose on my Land Cruiser with silicone, and it took me a long time to find the right hose clamp for the job.)With the constant pressure clamps, I didn't have any issues. Silicone hoses are AWESOME and will last the life of your vehicle. If I didn't have a new E, I would be all over this.

I am assuming the clips they send with the kit account for this, but it might be a question worth asking the manufacturer...

#24 ·
Thanks Twiggles, SAMCO does offer their own clips. As far as if they are included in this kit, no telling yet. It looks like from some of the other kits on their USA distributor site that the motorcycle Hoses and Clips are two separate purchases or items to add to the shopping cart. I'll keep this in mind as we get closer.

A new E, that sounds like the best kind of E to put these on! Enjoy them for much longer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.