My K24A2 swap - in progress - Page 7 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:08 PM   #61
EZ hauler
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2010 4WD EX AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)

Here is a video of a TSX K24A2 running/revving.
[/QUOTE]

When I first watched this video my first thought was-- that's going to smoke the tires.
NICE!!!
EZ hauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #62
Audiophyle
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Love my Ktuner setup, bet you will too. Are they setting you up with a custom base tune also or just going to use an OEM k24a2 tune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachs View Post
I took a couple of huge 180 degree shots from inside the engine bay while I had the opportunity. This may come in handy in the future. I figured I'd share.

Full Size: http://i.imgur.com/9ZbLucg.jpg

Full Size: http://i.imgur.com/lZAEzzl.jpg
Now THOSE are pics worth sharing in full resolution, ha ha ha! Brilliant idea!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein
Audiophyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #63
Dachs
2005 2WD EX MT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophyle View Post
Love my Ktuner setup, bet you will too. Are they setting you up with a custom base tune also or just going to use an OEM k24a2 tune?
I'll just be using the OEM TSX base map for now. I am considering I/H/E and a 45 degree VTC gear in the near(ish) future, and will get some tuning to go along with those upgrades.

A bit of a setback though... Either FedEx mis-delivered my ECU or it was stolen from the delivery location. Yes, it was insured. No, I didn't require signature for delivery. So, I'll be buying a new ECU and sending it out as soon as possible (with add'l insurance and signature service). I've filed a claim, but won't know the outcome for a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I'm installing fog lights and a PCV oil catch can, fixing my AUX input for my stereo and setting up a bluetooth receiver.
Dachs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #64
GR8Bike
Premium Member
2004 2WD DX 6MT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Quote:
I'll just be using the OEM TSX base map for now. I am considering I/H/E and a 45 degree VTC gear in the near(ish) future, and will get some tuning to go along with those upgrades.

A bit of a setback though... Either FedEx mis-delivered my ECU or it was stolen from the delivery location. Yes, it was insured. No, I didn't require signature for delivery. So, I'll be buying a new ECU and sending it out as soon as possible (with add'l insurance and signature service). I've filed a claim, but won't know the outcome for a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I'm installing fog lights and a PCV oil catch can, fixing my AUX input for my stereo and setting up a bluetooth receiver.
Dachs. Don't know if you have purchased the oil catch can yet, but you do not need a can on an Element or Accura motor. Already baffled and set up. I have one on my S2K but the F engine needs one with boost. Sounds good. I hope you enjoy the TSX as much as I have, it is awesome in stock form and Turboed it is unbelieveable. Enjoy and keep on with the pics and updates.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #65
Dachs
2005 2WD EX MT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8Bike View Post
Dachs. Don't know if you have purchased the oil catch can yet, but you do not need a can on an Element or Accura motor. Already baffled and set up.
Thanks. I do already have something on hand, just a small oil/air separator. The only reason I'm installing one is that the new engine had a lot of oil residue in the intake runners and PCV "distribution chamber" on the top side of the runners. I also replaced the PCV valve, but it didn't seem to be faulty. Maybe it was faulty, but I want to run a catch can just to be safe because I did not enjoy cleaning all of the oil out of the intake, and don't want to have to do it again.

Can you elaborate on how it is baffled, because it appears to me that it's a fairly straight shot through the water pump housing and PCV valve and in to the intake.
Dachs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #66
com3
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD LX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Send a message via AIM to com3
i just swapped my motor for a jdm k24a8 in my 2005 E. :D
com3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #67
hondafleet82
2006 4WD LX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:

Awesome thread man. I was reading through hoping to get some details on a head swap for my 06 E. I just recently found out that the reason my E if running so ****ty is due to a bad ECU. New from Majestic is $500. So I figured instead of spending $500 on a new stock ECU & flash maybe I should use this opportunity to start my build. My first step would be to get rid of the current "Economy" head & replace it with a K20 or K24A2 head.

Anyone know of a good write up to read or best place to get the details?
hondafleet82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Under The Hood / Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.