Honda Element Owners Club banner

Today's Agenda: System overhaul!

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Yyz 
#1 ·
OK, the agenda for today and tomorrow is to install system in my 03.
I know that some of the items are not the top quality, but everything you see in the pic below I paid less than $400 for, so considering that, it is a steal! (well, I did treat myself to an Optima Yellow Top, about $180 at advance auto with $20 off coupon)
Definitely will be an improvement over the stock system.
Will post some before and after pics today or tomorrow depending on progress.
I once owned a car stereo shop so I will be doing it solo.
I will try to get as much done as today, hopefully before it rains. Need to have it back up and driving by Wednesday to get back to work!

The line up is this:
Polk 6.5 components in the front
EFX 6.75 Components in the rear
Fosgate 300 x 4 watt
2 kicker 12's in a down-firing box
Fosgate 500 watt class d
Kenwood DPX500BT with SiriusXm tuner
Amp by-pass wiring harness, 4 gauge power and ground
Sound deadening and sound dampening materials
Metra Double Din kit, Scosche wiring through out

Later I will upgrade the subs to dual 4 ohm voice coils and add a second sub amp and upgrade the alternator.

See less See more
#3 ·
Haven't got there yet. Doing the back doors and speakers 1st, the the front next, The will tackle head unit and amps last. I have the amp bypass harness to use the factory wiring through the door looms.
figure that way, worse comes to worse I can slap the Elly back together if I need to go to town for anything since I am about 30 minutes away from the city.

#4 ·
So far today I put sound deadening and foam sound dampening sheets in all 4 doors and the tail gate. Got the front and rear components installed and installed flush mount tweeter in the pillars where the stock ones went.
tomorrow will be Sirius, head unit, subs and amps if the weather holds. Rained on me twice and I don't have a covered area to work in here.

#5 ·
Going a bit slower than I planned.
The weather has been crap, but I am almost done.
All wiring except the grounds are in place. Amps and subs next.
The aound deadening and sound dampening work really well. HUGE difference. Doors close with a nice solid "thunk" sound and the wife and I can actually hear each other without speaking up at highway speeds.
I can also say the metra dash kit and scosche kit suck. They both leave about a 3/16" gap above and below the unit.
Will have to fabricate a piece to fix that.

#7 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delay! Has been some CRAPTACULAR weather around here as I am sure many of you are aware!
Got the system done. Have yet to really get into it and tune, but I can tell you that is it ridiculous!

The head unit is a Kenwood DPX500BT. The 2 punch amps are running 800 watts combined.
The subs are 2 kicker single voice coil 4 ohm, but I am already considering adding a second punch 500 mono amp and swapping the subs out for 2 dual 2 ohm voice coils.

Just so everyone else around me can enjoy my Rush live cd's too!

Blue tooth mike was routed from the rear view mirror opening. SiriusXM radio hidden in the dash. Ran the antennae across the windshield gasket, down into the fender. Nicked a small hole in the door loom to run it through the stock door wire locations.
The power wires are routed down the driver side and the audio wires all down the passenger side. I made an opening under the rear seat for the wires to come out. The amps are on top. Once I tune it how I plan to keep it, I will hide those on the back of the box.
While I was there I also installed a compartment arm rest and have an oem fog light kit on the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.