Honda Element Owners Club banner

Oil Cooler?

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Fleetw00d 
#1 ·
I live in Atlanta where it gets pretty hot and humid in the summers. I have a 1200(+-) pound trailer (Yamaha SUV 1200 Waverunner). Its about 20 minutes to the lake and we also go out to Savannah and down to south Florida with it. I was thinking about installing an oil cooler. Any comments, experience, concerns etc?

#5 ·
[quote:05ed988a5e="Black Elephant"]I live in Atlanta where it gets pretty hot and humid in the summers. I have a 1200(+-) pound trailer (Yamaha SUV 1200 Waverunner). Its about 20 minutes to the lake and we also go out to Savannah and down to south Florida with it. I was thinking about installing an oil cooler. Any comments, experience, concerns etc?[/quote:05ed988a5e]

Having an oil cooler for any car for any purpose is a plus. You can pick up a B&M oil cooler for around 150 bucks. It comes with the necessary parts and also comes with a valve that opens at a certain temperature so that your oil is not too cold...... I have one sitting in my living room. It was intended to go in my turboed Civic but the car was stolen..... O well... I love my E.... although I miss my Civic..

#8 ·
Philharmonic installed an additional transmission cooler. I was trying to think of a way to get some additional oil cooling without having to take a big hit on oil pressure because I already have oil pressure problems (pressure drops to about 8 psi at idle after 30+ minutes of extended driving even with 5W40 oil). My old Accord has a cooler that sandwiches between the block and oil filter that it circulates engine coolant through. Thought of getting one of those and using a small electric pump to circulate coolant through an old heater core I have and maybe a small electric fan to blow air over the core. Use a temperature switch to turn it all on when the oil exceeds a certain temperature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.