Honda Element Owners Club banner

Questions on SC springs and tire fitment questions.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  eyecarvether4iam 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get a hold of SC springs and put on my 05.
Anyone know if 225/65/17 will work with SC springs without rubbing?

#2 ·
Stock SC Springs? I could be completely wrong but I don't think they will work on pre 07. Lowering springs for the elements only go up to 06 and 07+ is different (something about one of the front coil springs being wound the other way. I suppose if you had the entire strut assembly it might work but as far as I know the SC springs are nothing special so it sound like a lot of work for...nothing. If you want lowering springs get lowering springs.

#4 ·
The difference in the SC springs is about an inch drop, and one of the fronts(I believe the passenger) is wound the opposite direction, thus not allowing it to sit on the perch correctly.

I am fairly positive you could just get a set of the SC shocks to match and swap it all out. Any time you just use lowering springs without upgraded shocks(which are not really available for the E) MEANT for THAT spring, you will wear the shocks out more quickly, and not see the full benefit of the springs in the first place, handling wise. You can also drastically effect ride quality this way.

My car is a perfect example.
2008 SC
only Eibach springs/stock shocks
VERY bumpy for back seat passengers-ejector seat style;-)

I am going to upgrade to coilovers, as the ride is just too harsh. My buddies lexus with less than a finger gap between tire and fender rides smoother.. Not expensive coilovers either- Basic BC racing BR model coilovers. These are what I will be going with. Affordable(for a coilover 1000 is reasonable), Adjustable dampening that works, and they will build them to your needs. each set is made for you.

Ok. Now with that said- lowering springs are great for just that- lowering your car. They help handling SOME, but not like a spring/shock combo will. If you are just looking for lower, and do not mind if the ride is a little bumpy, scoop some springs. If you would like a setup that is a LITTLE lower than stock(1") and handles well for less coin, get the SC spring/ shock combo. Again, I have not put a set on an older E, but there are no different coilovers for the model years, and they all bolt right up. This would mean all mounting holes are the same sizes. I am positive they are in the same location. If you have the extra money, and want to get something nicer, I think the BCs are a great option. There is a member on here that is local to me that has a set, but I have not gotten together with him to get a ride yet. Soon I hope my schedule will allow it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.