Honda Element Owners Club banner

Few cooler mod questions

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Island E 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 ex and am thinking about getting the cooler console installed in my center console spot. Now should I order the all season floor mats for an 09? Also I have the armrest storage console, will this interfer with cooler?

#3 ·
the storage armrest interferes with the cooler. the cupholders in front are fine. to remove the cooler or open the top you'll have to remove the armrest first. what i did was take off the lid of the cooler and just use it as a bin to hold stuff. its a really flimsy top that pops right off

#4 ·
Is it possible to remove the cooler if I recline the front seat? Not sure if I want to spend $300 and not be able to use cooler or lose my armrest, but I can't stand the location of current cup holders. I originally was goin to do Sc console convert but didn't want to lose my armrest

And if I remove the lid and use cooler is it possible to pop or snap the top back on? Thanks

#5 ·
i dont' think its possible even with the seat reclined. you can easily pop the top back on. i dont' think i'll ever actually use the thing as a cooler though. its pretty small, doens't have a drain plug and the top is so thin i doubt it would keep anything cool for long.

also i'm not sure if the cupholders will be much of an improvement if any from the origional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.