Honda Element Owners Club banner

2009 LX missing center console?

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  cmr 
#1 ·
Hello Honda Element Forum!

I am the happy owner of a new-to-me 2009 Honda Element LX.

I've gotten it all cleaned up (like nearly new now!) and have floor mats and things on order.

What's puzzling me is this hole where what I think some kind of center console box with a lid should go.

I've seen reference to a cooler that can go in this spot for the EX model (don't want a cooler, just want storage), and I've found a picture online of what looks like a box with a lid that can go there for holding things.

I've also found a link (here, I believe I'm missing parts 4 and 10?) where I can get parts, and it looks like this box with a lid is going to cost me about $225 for the box and another $50 if I want the lid! I really just want a spot to put my sunglasses, tissues, sunblock, and other various and sundries.

Here's what I've got right now, my center area with a suspiciously empty looking rectangular spot:

And here it is with my home made first aid kit not quite fitting in it:

So is the $275 box actually the right thing for this spot and is it my only option if I want something to fit there? And if I do have to go this most expensive plastic box in the world route, are there parts here that I need beyond #4 and #10?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you!

I don't however care about arm rests, I actually prefer not to have them (I'm a bit petite and they're never the right height to be anything but in my way).

I really just care about a box to put stuff in that sits in that slot and am hoping there's a more economical option that the one I found. Although good to know that the lid comes along with the body.

#6 · (Edited)
Your vehicle came equiped with just a 3 cup holder tray , the cooler holds a 6 pack of 12 oz cans only , and only available on the EX , along with armrests and assorted other items .......

And yes , that's the cooler in the photo ......

As I guess you've learned , the Element is one of the most modified vehicles , owners change just about anything to call it their own ....

We call it modding ........ welcome to the party .....

#7 ·
Thanks for clearing up the cooler identification!

And I apologize for being dense, but the photo I posted of mine - is that what the vehicle came equipped with? I felt like there must have been a piece missing.

Well, I guess I have some modding to do. :) Thanks for all of your help.

#8 · (Edited)
#11 ·
I'm kind of thinking that's what happened... They probably thought, "I spent over $200 on that cooler I'm keeping it!" ;) Thanks for the link to the vehicle details, that's very helpful.

I like the DIY route, I may look into that if I can't find something.

And thanks for the link to that thread with the person that had one for sale, just the picture in that thread was really helpful, first time I'd seen the pop out cooler by itself. I did PM the person but it might be a long shot since the thread is a bit old? fingers crossed.

#13 ·
Ah, okay. So I'm not actually missing anything, I just have the big open space. That the cooler will fit in!

I really wish I could have gotten an Element new. I love this car so much already but of course want all the little details just right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.