Honda Element Owners Club banner

2004 Element, expect to pay what?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Chris03HD 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase the most basic of Elements (must have A/C though!) just to use as my "back an forth work car."

What should I expect to pay? Anything i "should" consider getting, buy upgrading to the other packages?

thanks so much! :D

#2 ·
Easy there folks, not everyone all at once! :roll:

Decided it would be smarter to just get the LX, as it already has A/C and radio standard, but the dealer is talking me into the next one up, as id like that Green color.. :D

#3 ·
Havin' fun talkin' to yourself there Chris03HD?! :lol:

The dealer will always try to get you up to the next level! If you like the green (Galapagos Green Metalic, GGM) the get the GGM. You have to live with it. Better to get the color you really want then to try to live with a color that's so,so to you 8)

8) You will not be disappointed no matter which E you buy! 8)

#4 ·
[quote:bfa29e6a1c=" "]Havin' fun talkin' to yourself there Chris03HD?! :lol:

The dealer will always try to get you up to the next level! If you like the green (Galapagos Green Metalic, GGM) the get the GGM. You have to live with it. Better to get the color you really want then to try to live with a color that's so,so to you 8)

8) You will not be disappointed no matter which E you buy! 8) [/quote:bfa29e6a1c]

Thanks! I put anywhere from 25-30,000 miles per year just going to and from work... thats a LOT of seat time, and id like to at least enjoy the drive.
Right now, i have a hatchback as my work beater, and its not fun, or different, to drive.

How well will the Element hold up, with putting that many miles on each year?

thanks!

#6 ·
You'll have to excuse us, as this same question comes up time and time again. The answer is (drumroll here) INVOICE! Pay invoice and you'll be a happy person!

Good luck and go for the Green!

#7 ·
I have found that often it might take 24 hours to get a full set of responses. I would imagine there are some people who come on here while at work because they have a computer there and not at home, or at home because they are too busy at work.... I often get a little down myself when I put out a request and don't get quick responses. I go to bed at night and am amazed when I have 7 replies in my email. Seems big spurts of response in early morning and evening after dinner.

On to your question though. I would suggest consulting the Honda Website. There might be some colors that aren't available in trims other than the EX. That would be one of your limitations. I have heard though that Honda has recently begun to offer Sunset Orange in LX and DX trims but I don't think their website mentions that. I think there are other colors that are exclusive to EX. So, also check a local dealer when you are ready and see what they can get you. One specific place to look if you want to know how one trim level compares to another is,

http://www.hondacars.com/models/specifications.asp?ModelName=Element

Then go through the Build and Price section, to see what colors etc. are available.

The primary difference, from what I have heard, with the DX and LX are AC and Radio Standard. I don't know where you live but you say AC is a must? If you drive a lot I would think a radio would be nice also. You can add those to a DX but especially with AC that is expensive. You might do well with the LX.

As for the EX, Side Airbag availability might be something to think of if you spend a lot of miles in the car. More miles more chance for an accident I guess. The plastic panels are, either painted or finished in some way to look a little nicer on the EX. Also don't have the problems with them with wax and other materials like you do with the LX and DX. Water Proof seats are available front and back in the EX and only Front in the LX and DX. Those are the biggest differences that I know of, between the EX and LX other than the better stereo and a few other comfort items. Not sure exactly what other features are different between all the trims without scouring the list mentioned above.

Doing a quick once over for you,

"Engineering" seems the same for all three vehicles.

All available with same Transmissions.

Body Suspension etc. seem the same but EX offers ABS and EBD(Electronic Brakeforce Distribution(?))

Steel wheels on LX and DX Alloy on EX.

Same Tires on all three(?)

Measurements are all the same

Each trim level is a little heavier than the previous. More Equipment???

EPA and Tank Capacities are the same.

Keyless Entry is standard on EX. Others an Option.

Power mirros on EX others manual (I like this when merging onto highways, can adjust mirror to see cars coming up behind and along side me)

Do you like Cruise Control? EX only.

Vanity Mirror, overhead storage and map lights EX. Vanity mirror I could live without but Overhead storage and map lights can be nice if you spend a lot of time in your car.

EX offers an additional 12v outlet in rear.

EX comes with front armrests others don't. (Can add those I guess).

EX stereo is higher grade with Subwoofer, 270watts 7 speakers Aux jack for MP3 or Digital Video, video games... etc.

Instrumentation seems same in all

Hope this is of help.

WmAS1960 (Bill)

#8 ·
Looking back at your posts, I noticed you did put out the first query on the 18th. OOPS. I guess I didn't notice it sooner. Tonight was the first time it seemed to be at the top of the list. That is a bit long for no reply. Maybe it was that it is a frequent request and others just didn't catch it.

WmAS1960 (Bill)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.