Honda Element Owners Club banner

Yeah yeah...another wheel question.

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  timehoc 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just wanted to make sure I understand the wheel sizes correctly. For instance with wheel width, if I go from the stock 16x6.5 to a 16x7 while keeping the the offset the same. Will my wheel be a half inch closer to the strut, or is it divided by 2? (a quarter inch on both sides).

Has anyone had any experience with running a 16x7 45mm with larger tires. I'm thinking of 235/70 or 225/75. Thanks for all your help. You guys are great.

#2 ·
http://gs.tolan-hoechst.com/tirecalc.htm
lets you plug in various wheel and tire sizes, and see what changes.

Look at the specs for the tires that you are think about. They will list the wheel width that produces the nominal section width (the 'measure rim width'). They also will list allowed rim widths. Some brands (e.g. BFG) also have a footnote specifying how the section width varies with the wheel width. The typical figure is .2" for every .5" of wheel width.

Why do you want to switch to a 7" rim? Is there a particular model of wheel that only comes in that size?

paulj

#3 ·
Paul raised a very good point. There is almost NO reason to go from the 16X6.5 stock to 16X7 with exactly the same offset other than cosmetic reason. Those two sizes are so similar that you can mount the same size tires on them and not make any difference performance wise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.