Honda Element Owners Club banner

Discussion on June 2010 article claiming that Honda would redesign the Element

12K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  dribbles 
#1 ·
There is hope !

Honda thinking about a new Element !

Dom

#2 ·
I hope that is true, because that is the best news I have heard all year!! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing that!! :grin:

#3 ·
So a brief hiatus then a grand re-introduction?

Rock On!!!

#9 ·
As much as I would love to believe it, I'm doubtful based on the article date. Not like a hiatus is unheard of for Honda models so I remain hopeful but I think this article is too old to provide the Divine news we all want.

Heavy Sigh :|

#11 · (Edited)
#12 ·
Disaappointed

When Honda competed (and won) in F-1 racing it used to be an inovative and forward thinking car company. As a matter of fact it used to rotate the engineers assigned to F-1 back in to production car design so they could apply the knowledge gained on the F-1 circuit to production cars.

Now it appears they have become more of a marketing company with just a smattering of higher performance models to maintain their racing heritage.

So, after reading the following re the Honda Element I wonder what they will come up with?

2012 Honda Element:
After mediocre sales, the Element was expected to die off when the current model was ready to retire, but Honda says it is now planning to release a full redesign in the next couple of years.

So Honda, lets get back to the thinking of the F-1 days and come up with something spectactular.

#13 ·
. . . 2012 Honda Element:
After mediocre sales, the Element was expected to die off when the current model was ready to retire, but Honda says it is now planning to release a full redesign in the next couple of years.

So Honda, lets get back to the thinking of the F-1 days and come up with something spectacular.
Going up in flames from oil leakage onto the cat converter was spectacular, :lol: , didn't help sales at all.

"Outstanding" or "trend-setting" would be better aspirations.

A "spectacular Element" would be an oxymoron. By intent, the Element is functional, practical and relatively inexpensive. Even in it's prettiest pimped-up versions it's still utilitarian. It could never be "spectacular" without becoming either ridiculous or unaffordable.

I'd rather than Honda figure out a way to increase the market for the E, perhaps by offering commercial delivery vehicle versions - a market Honda has been ignoring.

My guess is that you'll see a ground-up redesign of every other Honda passenger vehicle before another Element is offered, and it won't be named "Element". "Electron" is more likely".

#14 ·
Spectacular (or call it outstanding if you prefer) would be an Element that got much better fuel mileage (I average about 20 mpg on my 2004 poor in comparison to some similar offerings), had things like a 6 speed automatic w/paddle shifters, std fog lights, and a leather option. Lots of so called "cute utes" have these and Honda could offer them as options without giving up its utilitarian purpose.

Honda came up with the "box" by thinking outside the box. Hpoe it continues to do so.

Oh yea, how about some non-vanilla colors.....that surely would not take away from it's utility.

And Honda, how about some marketing support for the next generation whatever youi choose to call it.

#17 ·
Mine gets 23-25 mpg consistently. It is tough to get better mileage with the aerodynamics of a tissue box.

Paddle shifters - Gimmick.

Leather - Not really what the E is about.

Standard fog lights - For something that is for looks (I've used fog lights in fog and they don't work) it really isn't a utilitarian item.

Colors - With all of the orange and red offerings I would say the Element has by far the most diverse color choices of any Honda vehicle. Also, can you say Kiwi?

6 speed auto - Would the manual version have a 7 speed?

I agree their marketing has been pitiful. They rarely showed the E in the commercials that showed their whole lineup and my local dealerships often didn't have them in the showroom. Honda's marketing is consistently dreadful though. The "Mr. Opportunity" character is about as bad as is gets.

They will bring back an E-like vehicle to compete with the Cubes, XBs and Souls of the world. It needs to get smaller, lighter, shorter, and frankly less blah.

#18 ·
Can the moderator or the OP please change the name of this thread? I came into this thread thinking that, "Finally, Honda has decided to reintroduce the Element." Please do NOT use misleading thread headings unless you know for sure that it IS going to happen. It could have said, "Honda MAY redesign Element for future production."

Thanks,
Stephanie

#20 ·
Thank you... Like others have said, I will believe it when I see it. In the meantime, start thinking about inserting a new subforum, under "Accessories, Care and Mods" titled "Element Restorations." You may not need it for a while, but that would be about the right place for it, I think.

If you go to old vehicle forums where they do frame-off restorations on Scouts, Jeeps, Fords, etc., you'll see they can attract a lot of attention.

Here's hoping that Honda wises up.

Stephanie

#25 ·
Moving away from the restoration discussion and back to the original post. I have but one question. Has Honda ever brought back a model they killed off?:?

I can't think of any. The E is dead!

#27 ·
Such an old and outdated post...hope someone reads this. A while back I purchased a new 2010 Element and for some stupid reason I traded for a 2012 Fit (I know...I cried every night after that!). Well, as luck may have it, yesterday I stumbled upon a 2011 Element with 50K miles and it mint condition. Yup, too good to be true but I went over it with a fine tooth comb...perfect with only 1 owner. It's sitting in my driveway now and I'm a happy man now.

...which brings me to this...a colleague of mine sent me a link with claims that Honda is coming out with a new redesigned Element in late 2016. The YouTube video has mixed pix of old and newer (2010-11) Element's and a pix of a right hand drive concept vehicle. I'm hoping it's all a bad joke. Here's the link, you tell me... Watch "2016 Honda Element Short Review presentation: basic info about HONDA Element 2016" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/jRX2xqLku7U. If it's true, hats off to Honda...if not, let's get a search party together and find this mother!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.