Honda Element Owners Club banner

Found a good deal on an EX, but it looks like it has an LX bumper on it? pic inside

3K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  jesbecause 
#1 ·
#10 · (Edited)
There's no LX or EX bumpers. For 2006 (EX-L) there was a primed or dark grey bumper options. FYI, the primered bumper (EX-L designated) is actually cheaper as it requires additional paint job. So in this case they went for a regular dark grey.
So there's NO LX bumper and the one they chose is more money but it came ready.

#4 ·
Uh, I said this in a previous post (click on the arrow after my user name below to see the whole thread):
Let me summarize my Carfax Rant: Carfax is crap. A couple of years ago I ran a Carfax on a car that I owned that had been in two accidents that I knew of. The Carfax came back showing no accidents.

Your car obviously has been in an accident as they don't leave the factory like that.

Also- It exhibits pretty shoddy bodywork by whoever did the repair.
The safest thing you could do is to have a pre-purchase inspection done by a reliable independent garage.

#13 ·
GaryS has it right

What Honda calls "dark grey" is actually black.

In 2006 Honda offered an Lx and Ex with textured unpainted bumpers. In 2006 the EX-P had smooth painted bumpers and in 2007 the EX-p was dropped and EX models adopted the painted bumpers.

All 2007-2008 LX models had the black unpainted bumper.

Earlier models had to different grey textured bumpers available depending on trim level (DX, LX or EX).

#15 ·
Nonsense. What Honda offered on new cars and what parts Honda sells are two different world.
For 2007 you can either buy:
- 04711-SCV-A70ZZ FACE, FR. BUMPER (DOT) (PRIMERED) retails $219
or
04715-SCV-A80ZC FACE, RR. BUMPER (DOT) *NH533* (BUMPER DARK GRAY) retails $272
No other part options are available when you damage/crash your car/part. Forget EX-P or anything else. They simply got the second option out-of-the-box ready dark grey instead of primered bumper which required additional painting. Sorry, both Gary and you are wrong.

#14 ·
I like how quick people jump to conclusions about a mismatched bumper meaning the seller is a douche bag trying to pawn off a car that was "obviously" thrown back together cheap. :roll:

The guy is selling it privately, so why not just ASK them why the front bumper doesnt match. At that point, let his explanation tell you if he is a legit seller or a scammer.

Personally I prefer my unpainted panels, so who is to say the owner didnt just buy the unpainted panel to replace the original scratched & rock chipped front panel?

It is also a plastic bumper cover, and it doesnt take very much to mangle plastic. Car could have suffered from a minor flesh wound & the rest of the car is still in excellent condition.

Id still check into the Element, could get a good deal on it too. Find out the story behind the mismatched panel, and go from there. If it was in an accident & not repaired, run your fingers along the body panel & door gaps to see if any are crooked or pinching. It looks like the top of the DR side fender is close near the top of the door, but that could easily be just the picture.

Otherwise just pop the hood & inspect the lower radiator supports & such, also crawl under the front end & looks for any wrinkles in the metal supports.

#16 ·
Sure, maybe the seller hired somebody and they did a poor job. Not on purpose.
The bumper they put is actually MORE expensive but requires no additional paint job.
The two-tone Element look much better and that's how it was designed back in 2001/2002 when it debuted at the show.
And IMO I don't like the painted panels. But that's subjective. Some like it and some don't.

#18 ·
Better tell Honda black unpainted cladding doesn't exist.

http://hondanews.com/channels/honda...ains-highly-versatile-and-fun-to-drive?query=

WMA) playback capability as well as standard XM® Satellite Radio.

For 2005, LX models add two features previously reserved for the EX trim level: power mirrors and cruise control. Additionally, LX models now have standard wheel covers. The variety of exterior color combinations also increases for the EX model. Silver EX models are now accented by blue cladding panels and Red and Magnesium EX models have black cladding. Also available on EX models are three new colors- Cargo Khaki, Magnesium Metallic, and Rallye Red.

#20 ·
Not sure if you realize you are arguing with someone who works for Honda.....

Just sayin....:roll:

#24 ·
Sorry pbrb, for the rabbit hole this thread went into. It happens often here (and, I'm sure, on other boards). It IS kinda funny to read the banter, tho...:lol: :lol:

The advice given is worth looking into, you DEFINITELY don't want a damaged and cheaply repaired E. Good Luck with your search!! :grin: :) :razz: 8)

#29 ·
Does every Honda employee know everything about Honda? Must be very hard to get a job then.
Yes, it's a VERY exclusive club - just ask them!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

#32 · (Edited)
Wait a second , wait a g*d damn second , nobodies allowed to abuse the mods around here , except for me !!!!! And if anybody has a problem with that , just take it up at the next meeting and we'll see about abusive privileges . I've even trademarked the "abuse a Mod" slogan , just like Tebowing , Kaepernacking , it will soon sweep across the country and make me rich ...........

Bumpercovers ........ really ???????

BTW , lizzurd , welcome back , everytime you go away , we pull you back in .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.