Honda Element Owners Club banner

The Brave Little Toaster's build thread.

28K views 79 replies 21 participants last post by  blacklabel 
#1 ·
Kind of late, but I figure I can play catch up so bare with me there maybe some repeats of other posts. I will do a small write up for anything warranting one also.

First and foremost though, here she is the day I bought her.

No idea how I pulled in and completely missed the McDonalds cup. :D

Now on to the mods....

See less See more
#63 ·
Ahh, that was going to be my next question: how did it hold up. That sucks it started fraying on ya. Once I get closer to doing the carpet (buying suspension stuff right now and its eating up all my cash) I'll see if I can find something a bit more sturdy. Thanks for the measurements.

#64 ·
I got solicited at the gas pumps today to try using the F1 no water wash/wax. After haggling down the price to 4 cans and rags for 25 (not bad since he wanted 12 bucks a can to start with) I drove back to the hotel and tried it out.....

I'm impressed. So were the guys that walked by they each bought a can off of me. Not quite show room quality, but you would have never guessed I just did a 1300mi road trip a week ago either.

#66 ·
Finally got around to upgrading the stock speakers. Just as a heads up the Sony GS series speakers DO NOT FIT in the door panels without modification. No matter what the sales man tells you they do not. However, if you go back to the shop and tell the guy he can either give you a refund or install them for free.......

The only one I took, but really its the only noticeable change that you can see.

These sound awesome. No where near Focal or JL, but with a $230 price tag for all four out the door (and in my case, installed) I couldn't be happier. I'm glad to see that has moved away from the xplode branding and actually putting some effort into their mobile audio products. I definitely would recommend these to anyone on a budget.

#67 ·
look good. personally, after Sony radio fiasco i just went through with my head unit and their COMPLETE lack of anything resembling customer support, i'll never buy a sony anything again. I'll be surprised if they are still selling car audio in a few years. they relegated all the car audio support in the forums to the "other" catagory along with VCRs, bedside radios and other outdated tech.

#69 ·
Busy couple weeks....

Been working hard these past few weeks.

As posted before I put in the Sony GS series speakers (Components and Coax.) A week later, I'm still impressed that this is the same company that peddled Xplodes not to long ago.

Halfway done with the dash painting.

[/URL]

Resealed and Carpeted the box. There were a lot of issues with it when I bought it. Holes were drilled in the sides. The mounting screws weren't gripping. the exact opposite of air tight.

But that's all fixed now...

And last but not least I replaced the old Power Acoustik with the Sony GS monoblock amp.

Don't mind the rats nest behind the amp, this weekend I'll be installing a db Drive 4 channel amp.

The only upside of being away from the Missus, no one yelling at me for spending so much time with the car...

#70 · (Edited)
Final amp in. I can finally wash my hands of car audio for a while. This will probably be my last mod until I get to Hawaii.

Still need to vacuum up all the loose copper strands. But besides that, Cable management is done. Amps are in. Music is louder that most concerts. I'm a happy camper.

#71 ·
Looks great man! I like the sticker bombing on your dash too.

#73 ·
Just keeps looking better, nice work there.

#76 · (Edited)
No, it was the same paint I used on the dash just as a test to see if I'd like it. Ill be redoing it again soon this time with a nice sanding and everything. The front end was already off so I figure I might as well try it.

hi im a new member and i want to now if someone can help me whit my element stereo CODE? my E it's a 2005,tanks....

-Turn your radio off.

- Turn key to the ON position. Do not start, just leave ignition in ON position.

- Press and hold the numbers 1 and 6 on your radio with one hand.

- Using your other hand, turn the radio on while keeping 1 and 6 pressed.

- Ten characters will appear on the screen, usually alphanumeric. Write down all the numbers you see.

- Now you can either drive to the Honda or Acura dealer, provide proof of ownership, give them the numbers, and get your code.

Or it could be the Element is wanting an upgrade :D

#77 ·
Two year anniversary!

I have had the BLT for almost two years now! She has been a wonderful car and a blast to work on. To celebrate I gave her a nice scrub down and took her out for a mini photo shoot near the pier at Naval Base San Diego.

Here is the current list of mods done to her, and will be the last for a while. She is getting shipped in a couple weeks to Hawaii and I will be with out her for a few months until I get shipped down there as well.

Current mods

Sound System
Memphis M5 15in Subwoofer
Custom fiberglass box in spare tire well
Sony GS Monoblock @600wrms
Sony GS mids and highs
db Drive 4 channel @50wrms
Alpine CDE-HD138BT Deck

Interior
Custom Black Trim
OEM Carpets
OEM Seat Cover
LED Dash lights
Sticker bomb Gauges

Exterior
OEM Roof Rack
Aftermarket Side Steps
Aftermarket Bull Bar
08+ Headlight Housing
Cleared Side markers (with Shen's turn signal mod)
Home Depot Grill
Black Trim and Badge
Tinted Windows

It's been a fun (and expensive) two years. Looking forward to many more to come!

#78 ·
Side steps

Nice E!!! I have the same color and year E, but ive had mine since it was born. My question to you is, what brand are the side steps you got and how are you liking them? I have a 2.5 year old that is dying to get in the back on her own and im shopping around. Also if you can tell me where you bought them from if it was online. Thanks and keep up the good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.